Regarding board decorum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding board decorum

I have become increasingly disturbed at some of the animosity and extreme foul language on the board. At times we seem to become a locker room or frat house. One of our cherished operating principles here is light moderation. However, our affinity for free speech doesn't mean that the board needs to turn into a jungle. The next time you are tempted to start a profanity-laced tirade, please pause for a moment and consider what effect your actions will have on the community as a whole. There are a lot of great posters on this site that are likely to simply drift away rather than endure that type of environment. Please be respectful of your fellow posters.

TIA.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    However, our affinity for free speech doesn't mean that the board needs to turn into a jungle.
    there's a monkey joke hidden in here somewhere, I'm convinced of it.

Comment

You truly are one chill dude. Jeff Lebowski teaches correct principles and lets CUF govern itself. Thanks for the reminder, well done.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, JL.

You must be trying to destroy your laid-back cred

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          there's a monkey joke hidden in here somewhere, I'm convinced of it.
          I knew it! JL has hated creekster since day one.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Take it easy on creekster. He just had a couple of very unfortunate typos.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
              Thanks for the reminder, JL.

You must be trying to destroy your laid-back cred
              Now that you mention it, there is some irony in the Dude asking for some decorum. Reminds me of a scene from the movie:

The Stranger: There's just one thing, Dude.
              The Dude: And what's that?
              The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?
              The Dude: What the f*** you talking about?
              The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I have become increasingly disturbed at some of the animosity and extreme foul language on the board. At times we seem to become a locker room or frat house. One of our cherished operating principles here is light moderation. However, our affinity for free speech doesn't mean that the board needs to turn into a jungle. The next time you are tempted to start a profanity-laced tirade, please pause for a moment and consider what effect your actions will have on the community as a whole. There are a lot of great posters on this site that are likely to simply drift away rather than endure that type of environment. Please be respectful of your fellow posters.

TIA.
                Dude, you are the dude. Thanks for helping this to be a fun place to come to.

Comment

This aggression will not stand.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

JeffLebowski, it is obvious that you are at least in part referring to this outrageous personal attack from last night:

I appreciate your efforts, but may I suggest you put him on ignore? He thrives off this sort of attention.
                    Last edited by TripletDaddy; 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM. Reason: the common good
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      JeffLebowski, it is obvious that you are at least in part referring to this outrageous personal attack from last night:

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...9&postcount=17

I appreciate your efforts, but may I suggest you put him on ignore? He thrives off this sort of attention.
                      I have no permission to view whatever it is you just posted. I have been shut out!

Comment

oh, no.

I suck again!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is Dongface appropriate?
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                            I have no permission to view whatever it is you just posted. I have been shut out!
                            Its too vulgar for your ears, IJR.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So can I get a ruling on the f-bomb I dropped on lingo yesterday. If any of you felt that I was out of line, drop me a pm and I can take that into consideration next time. Like I said n our discussions earlier, I am an adapter and don't want to lose someone I respect. Please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X