Drew Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Phillips

Does anyone here know anything about Drew Phillips? He just committed to BYU (http://byu.scout.com/). I know people were hoping he would commit, but I don't know anything about him.

Here is a youtube video of him.

[YOUTUBE]KlNDzvjiBIo[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Here is a youtube video of him.

[YOUTUBE]KlNDzvjiBIo[/YOUTUBE]
      Wow. Thanks for the video. He looks pretty impressive. He looks really fast in some of those clips. The 99 yard punt return was pretty impressive. He actually makes some pretty good passes on the run as well. Maybe he could run some wild cat plays.

Comment

He is a non-lds kid from Alabama.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Looks like Alani Fua may have committed as well.

http://www.cougarblue.com/content/view/25608/90/

Comment

Phillips is smallish and probably won't be able to be an every down guy but he is supposed to be very fast. Could be the 4 year back the class needs. Another key get would be Quezada at rb.

Comment

More excited about the Fua commit. Very cool. Great class.

Comment

Phillips is nice, but Fua is a huge commit for BYU. He is a very versatile D-end/T-end. Can play multiple positions even possibly OLB.

He had offers from Ohio State, Washington, Washington State, Oregon State, Hawaii, UCLA, and Cal.
                *Banned*

Comment

Alani Fua...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO-jNcyy7jo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO-jNcyy7jo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

What will Fua likely play at BYU?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      What will Fua likely play at BYU?
                      I think right now they are looking at him as a D-end.

Also this kid bucked the trend, a big time poly commit who actually has a brother playing in the PAC-10 and has multiple big time offers decides to come to BYU.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Man this 2010 class has my nipples so hard they could cut glass.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Man this 2010 class has my nipples so hard they could cut glass.
                          What is with you guys and your nipples getting hard? It's been a while, but as I remember it when I got excited it wasn't my nipples I remember getting hard.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            Phillips is smallish and probably won't be able to be an every down guy but he is supposed to be very fast. Could be the 4 year back the class needs. Another key get would be Quezada at rb.
                            He's listed 6'-6'1" and around 185 going into his Sr. year of HS. That doesn't seem too small.

I just looked at Staley's listing and he was 6'1" 227 his first year with Detroit. Wasn't CB around 6' and 210 or so?

Couldn't this kid get in the 210-215 range by the time he really starts playing for BYU? (say around Soph or Jr. year)
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Couldn't this kid get in the 210-215 range by the time he really starts playing for BYU? (say around Soph or Jr. year)
                              yes he easily can and probably will. I just read that post and thought the kid will be about 210 to 215 after his redshirt or freshman season. That is big enough to be an every down back if he stays on O.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X