BYU Men's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Men's Volleyball 2017

The team is a bit banged up at the start of the season. Erik Sikes (returning starting Libero) hasn't played at all, and Brendan Sander is banged up; he didn't play this last weekend at all (but it was against a couple of over matched teams).

Things I liked from the weekend. Ben Patch actually put together a nice serving run against Concordia. If Patch becomes a consistent server he's the best player in the country. Storm Fa'agata-Tufuga gives BYU another talented pin hitter; of course, he is way undersized. One the other hand, it's clear he is one of the best servers on the team (which will be helpful situationally when Brendan Sander returns). Also, I was impressed with his passing (a real weakness for BYU). I really like Miki Jauhiainen too. I think he will become one of the starting MBs as he gets a little more time in BYU's system..
    Last edited by pelagius; 01-16-2017, 06:11 PM.

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
    The team is a bit banged up at the start of the season. Erik Sikes (returning starting Libero) hasn't played at all, and Brendan Sander is banged up; he didn't play this last weekend at all (but it was against a couple of over matched teams).

Things I liked from the weekend. Ben Patch actually put together a nice serving run against Concordia. If Patch becomes a consistent server he's the best player in the country. Storm Fa'agata-Tufuga gives BYU another talented pin hitter; of course, he is way undersized. One the other hand, it's clear he is one of the best servers on the team (which will be helpful situationally when Brendan Sander returns). Also, I was impressed with his passing (a real weakness for BYU). I really like Miki Jauhiainen too. I think he will become one of the starting MBs as he gets a little more time in BYU's system..
    That would be nice if Patch could actually get a serve in once in a while. Last year was quite the adventure for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
      That would be nice if Patch could actually get a serve in once in a while. Last year was quite the adventure for him.
      So far he seems night and day better than last year.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post

What was the reason for the loss to Loyola-Chicago?
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
          What was the reason for the loss to Loyola-Chicago?
          Didn't see it but if I had to guess:

First order:
          Randomness that's part of all volleyball games
          Loyola is good
          Road game

Second order:
          injuries
          bad passing
          Weakness at the MB spot
          Last edited by pelagius; 01-17-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I'm watching a bit of the UCLA/BYU game on BYUtv. They didn't come out for the third set here; UCLA is up big.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Fifth set. Come on guys.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Middle blocking sucks.

Comment

We suck.

Comment

We look like shit.

Comment

We have no passing and no middle blocking. What an awful team.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        We have no passing and no middle blocking. What an awful team.
                        Good heavens you are weird.

Comment

Sanders is awful. Patch is good. Hatch is better.

Comment

BYU has Patch and and Langlois and nobody else.

Comment

This BYU team is awful

Comment

Working...
                              X