Speaking of Nike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Nike

Anyone know why BYU is no longer listed on their site? This is a recent thing.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Anyone know why BYU is no longer listed on their site? This is a recent thing.
    Haven't you heard? BYU is going to be a Jordan school.

Comment

Pretty sure Ogio is in the mix.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post
        Haven't you heard? BYU is going to be a Jordan school.
        Is the Jordan brand now considered better than Nike?

One can only imagine the outcry if BYU signs with UA.

Comment

I would cry out. I mean, all the companies make BYU stuff right now and I have BYU stuff by all the companies, but the unis are way better from Nike.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Pretty sure Ogio is in the mix.
            I'm holding out hope for Yonex. Maybe Dunlop.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't know if people seriously think that BYU will become a Jordan school, but there were a few tweets about it back in July or August. I would be kind of disappointed to see BYU go away from Nike. I remember it being a pretty big deal when BYU had the swoosh on the football uniforms in 1996. So it's been at least 20 years since BYU has been with Nike. And it's probably been more.

At the same time, it seems like Nike has always treated BYU as 2nd or 3rd tier. It's really hard to find good BYU Nike gear for the games. Many people have suggested that Nike doesn't offer much because BYU fans are cheap and we don't buy enough. But I think that we would buy more if they offered better stuff.

I would hate to see a switch to Under Armor. Maybe Adidas would work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post
                I don't know if people seriously think that BYU will become a Jordan school, but there were a few tweets about it back in July or August. I would be kind of disappointed to see BYU go away from Nike. I remember it being a pretty big deal when BYU had the swoosh on the football uniforms in 1996. So it's been at least 20 years since BYU has been with Nike. And it's probably been more.

At the same time, it seems like Nike has always treated BYU as 2nd or 3rd tier. It's really hard to find good BYU Nike gear for the games. Many people have suggested that Nike doesn't offer much because BYU fans are cheap and we don't buy enough. But I think that we would buy more if they offered better stuff.

I would hate to see a switch to Under Armor. Maybe Adidas would work out.
                I don't mind UA. I have a bunch of their gear for reffing football and other sports and it's all great stuff. I have the Nike equivalent in some of the stuff and they are comparable from a quality standpoint. A lot of high school players I know love UA shoes but I prefer Nike because they fit my feet better.

It would just be weird to see BYU signing with someone other than Nike.

Comment

Only way I'd be happy with UA is if they ditched Utah and the Utes ended up with a Wal-Mart brand like Russel or Champion. Best stick with Nike.

Comment

So, Jordan is still just Nike but with an awesome logo, right? I'd be down with that.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

BYU is still Nike. And they're going to be expanding the Nike section in the bookstore.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        So, Jordan is still just Nike but with an awesome logo, right? I'd be down with that.
                        No way would I want to see BYU gear with the stupid Jumpman on it.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          f u jordan is awesome. the um uniforms are awesome.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Yeah being an exclusive in college football would suck.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

I dunno about an Air Jordan school, but that would be cool if we were the exclusive Nike Air Max school.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X