CFB Week 8: One Game to Rule Them All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Week 8: One Game to Rule Them All

Pretty weak slate this week, but the mega-matchup between Alabama and Texas A&M almost makes up for it. I'm excited for this game even though I'm not a fan of the SEC. Alabama is clearly the class of CFB this year. While I'd love to see A&M pull the upset, I don't think they can stop Alabama's offense, so they'll have to try to keep up with them. I would be satisfied if it isn't a blowout.

There are two other games between ranked teams that are also both SEC games, but middling SEC games do nothing for me.

With a couple of my kids enrolled at A&M this year, I've watched more Aggie football then usual. I too would like an upset but don't think it very likely. A&M has already won a couple of OT games at home. Beating 'Bama on the road is probably asking too much. If the Aggies can somehow manage the upset they have a good chance of going undefeated into the CCG. Toughest games after 'Bama are at home against Ole Miss and LSU.

At any rate, I'll be watching the thrilling Nebraska-Purdue game that's on at the same time as A&M-'Bama.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Bama and Ohio State seem to be a class apart from everyone else. Clemson just a notch behind and Washington and Michigan yet to be tested but possibly pretty close. I'm not sure Washington gets tested as the "contenders" in the Pac have proven to be really bad pretenders, Utah is SLC could be a challenge for them. Other than that I'm not seeing much that should stand in their way. :vomit: Michigan should be on cruise control until OSU.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Bama and Ohio State seem to be a class apart from everyone else. Clemson just a notch behind and Washington and Michigan yet to be tested but possibly pretty close. I'm not sure Washington gets tested as the "contenders" in the Pac have proven to be really bad pretenders, Utah is SLC could be a challenge for them. Other than that I'm not seeing much that should stand in their way. :vomit: Michigan should be on cruise control until OSU.
        Agreed except wrt Clemson. I don't think they are particularly good. But, in that league, not particularly good qualifies as championship material.

Also, I'm not sure Utah slows down uw

Comment

Cal +3 tonight feels like printing money. Oregon hasn't stopped anyone with a pulse all season. I don't see that changing tonight.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Alabama is still really good.

Comment

Utah is bad at tackling. Just saw two really long fUCLA TD runs with several broken tackles.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

UCLA has decided that stopping people from running is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  UCLA has decided that stopping people from running is a bad idea.
                  Joe Williams is looking really good.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                    Joe Williams is looking really good.
                    i'm really happy he found his passion for football again
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Houston, we have a problem... 21-0 SMU.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Houston, we have a problem... 21-0 SMU.
                        Just flipped to thus game. I like it.

Comment

Cougarboarder has it right:

Originally posted by Gcouga
                          BYU would've won against UCLA too if QB named Falafel had started
                          http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=16780040

Have to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            Just flipped to thus game. I like it.
                            My son and I were thinking of picking up some cheap tickets to this game. Tickets on the 40 yard line 10 rows up were going for $16.
                            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-22-2016, 05:51 PM.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              My son and I were thinking of picking up some cheap tickets to this game. Tickets on the 40 yard line 10 rows up were going for $16.
                              That's just nuts.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Working...
                              X