Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are BYU's non-conference opponents in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are BYU's non-conference opponents in 2010?

I think BYU is going to Florida State and my guess is Utah State as well. I thought Washington was coming to Provo, but does anyone know who the nonconference opponents are?

I was thinking about BYU's roster next year and it will be a very different rebuilding year than 2007, but I think the highs of the next crew could be higher than the present one. It is important for this group to have a good year this year.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

FSU, USU, Washington, Nevada

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/

Comment

The real interesting question is who is lined up for 2011 and beyond? That's pretty wide open at this point. I'm pissed Army ducked out of its series with BYU because I was all set to drive up for that game.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

TBA @ Washington
        TBA Arizona State
        TBA Utah State

9-8 Hawai'i
        9-22 @ Boise State
        TBA Washington
        TBA Utah State

9-7 Boise State
        9-14 @ Hawai'i

9-6 @ Boise State

9-12 Boise State

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          The real interesting question is who is lined up for 2011 and beyond? That's pretty wide open at this point. I'm pissed Army ducked out of its series with BYU because I was all set to drive up for that game.
          GET IN THE RING, I'LL KICK YOUR BITCHY LITTLE ASS! YOU FREAKING GAS PUMPING GRADUATES OF A MOCK UNIVERSITY/ROGUE RACIST RELIGIOUS PSEUDO SEMINARY MADRASSA DON'T DESERVE A SHOT AGAINST BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE HUDSON! ARMY DUCKS NOBODY, IT IS CALLED KEEPING YOUR HEAD DOWN AND FINDING PROPER COVER OR CONCEALMENT!

On a serious note, I understand the series with Army is no more and I am also upset as I was planning to fly out for the game against BYU. Now I am heading out to watch Army play Duke the week of the BYU-Tulane contest.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            I think BYU is going to Florida State and my guess is Utah State as well. I thought Washington was coming to Provo, but does anyone know who the nonconference opponents are?

I was thinking about BYU's roster next year and it will be a very different rebuilding year than 2007, but I think the highs of the next crew could be higher than the present one. It is important for this group to have a good year this year.
            At this point with the depth at QB, I think 2010 could be better than 2009. I just don't like having replace almost the entire o-line. Teams seem to struggle more while replacing o-linemen.

Someone who has a better memory than I can pipe in about how many new o-linemen BYU had to replace in 2007. It seems at least couple would have been replaced in 2007 since there were four seniors last year. Not all of those seniors would have been starting as sophomores. Between Unga, Hall and Collie (back from mission) coming together for the first time, 2007 definitely went better than expectations.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              At this point with the depth at QB, I think 2010 could be better than 2009. I just don't like having replace almost the entire o-line. Teams seem to struggle more while replacing o-linemen.

Someone who has a better memory than I can pipe in about how many new o-linemen BYU had to replace in 2007. It seems at least couple would have been replaced in 2007 since there were four seniors last year. Not all of those seniors would have been starting as sophomores. Between Unga, Hall and Collie (back from mission) coming together for the first time, 2007 definitely went better than expectations.
              I am a long time BYU football fan. I invent far more catchier phrases than BYU'71 that become part of the lore and cultural lexicon of our people. I am honest, yet optimistic. Trust me when I tell you that 2007 was the best situation a new BYU qb came into since probably Robbie Boscoe's JR year or Ty Detmer's SO year. BYU had a great defense in 2007 and a very experienced OL. It also returned two good backs with experience (obviously Fui was never the same) and broke out one of the best all around backs the school has ever had. It also brought its once a decade skill player and best wide receiver home from a mission.

2010 will put out a new BYU qb with a front 7 with such big names in the two deep as: Romney Fuga, Jordan Richardson, Matt Putnam, Vic So'oto, Tyler Beck, Jordan Pendleton, Kyle Van Noy, Jordan Atkinson, Aveni Weing Lei, Brandon Ogletree.....As for offense the OL will be good and the receivers will be very good, but there is no real all conference caliber runningback in the shute. Perhaps Malosi Teo will be the guy or perhaps BYU will land one of the good non-LDS backs they are recruiting. Without a reliable run game it is going to be a tough year to break in a new QB, especially with a defense that is still likely to be average-above average. I just don't see 2010 being similar to 2007.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I am a long time BYU football fan. I invent far more catchier phrases than BYU'71 that become part of the lore and cultural lexicon of our people. I am honest, yet optimistic. Trust me when I tell you that 2007 was the best situation a new BYU qb came into since probably Robbie Boscoe's JR year or Ty Detmer's SO year. BYU had a great defense in 2007 and a very experienced OL. It also returned two good backs with experience (obviously Fui was never the same) and broke out one of the best all around backs the school has ever had. It also brought its once a decade skill player and best wide receiver home from a mission.

2010 will put out a new BYU qb with a front 7 with such big names in the two deep as: Romney Fuga, Jordan Richardson, Matt Putnam, Vic So'oto, Tyler Beck, Jordan Pendleton, Kyle Van Noy, Jordan Atkinson, Aveni Weing Lei, Brandon Ogletree.....As for offense the OL will be good and the receivers will be very good, but there is no real all conference caliber runningback in the shute. Perhaps Malosi Teo will be the guy or perhaps BYU will land one of the good non-LDS backs they are recruiting. Without a reliable run game it is going to be a tough year to break in a new QB, especially with a defense that is still likely to be average-above average. I just don't see 2010 being similar to 2007.

You have mixed up the words "lurid" and "lore".

Comment

Won't Unga be around next year? It seems like BYU will be fine at RB next year too.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    Won't Unga be around next year? It seems like BYU will be fine at RB next year too.
                    I have no inside info but I predict he goes off to the next level, whatever that is for him...a flag football league in Payson or the NFL.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I have no inside info but I predict he goes off to the next level, whatever that is for him...a flag football league in Payson or the NFL.
                      Unga doesn't seem like much of a pro prospect to me. But it also seems like a senior year won't do much for his NFL prospects, kind of like Collie. Collie wasn't likely to prove much more his senior season so he took off. A great move for Collie in hindsight.

Comment

TBD - Nevada
                        TBD - Washington
                        Sept. 18 - @ Florida State
                        TBD - SDSU
                        TBD - WYO
                        TBD - UNM
                        TBD - UNLV
                        TBD - @TCU
                        TBD - @CSU
                        TBD - @AirForce
                        TBD - @Utah
                        TBD - @USU

TBD - @ Washington
                        TBD - USU
                        TBD - Arizona State
                        TBD - @SDSU
                        TBD - @WYO
                        TBD - @UNM
                        TBD - @UNLV
                        TBD - TCU
                        TBD - CSU
                        TBD - AirForce
                        TBD - Utah

TBD - Washington
                        TBD - USU
                        TBD - @ Boise State
                        TBD - SDSU
                        TBD - WYO
                        TBD - UNM
                        TBD - UNLV
                        TBD - @TCU
                        TBD - @CSU
                        TBD - @AirForce
                        TBD - @Utah

TBD - Boise State
                        TBD - @SDSU
                        TBD - @WYO
                        TBD - @UNM
                        TBD - @UNLV
                        TBD - TCU
                        TBD - CSU
                        TBD - AirForce
                        TBD - Utah

Scheduling Needs 1 home and 2 away

TBD - @ Boise State
                        TBD - SDSU
                        TBD - WYO
                        TBD - UNM
                        TBD - UNLV
                        TBD - @TCU
                        TBD - @CSU
                        TBD - @AirForce
                        TBD - @Utah

Scheduling Needs 2 home and 1 away.

TBD - Boise State
                        TBD - @SDSU
                        TBD - @WYO
                        TBD - @UNM
                        TBD - @UNLV
                        TBD - TCU
                        TBD - CSU
                        TBD - AirForce
                        TBD - Utah

Comment

I think BYU will ink Phillips and Quezada in the 2010 class. I think that will give them a nice young talent in the backfield to go with Harvey's senior year. Harvey won't go pro until after his senior year when he will go as a full back. His speed is too suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucko View Post
                            TBD - Nevada
                            TBD - Washington
                            Sept. 18 - @ Florida State
                            TBD - SDSU
                            TBD - WYO
                            TBD - UNM
                            TBD - UNLV
                            TBD - @TCU
                            TBD - @CSU
                            TBD - @AirForce
                            TBD - @Utah
                            TBD - @USU

TBD - @ Washington
                            TBD - USU
                            TBD - Arizona State
                            TBD - @SDSU
                            TBD - @WYO
                            TBD - @UNM
                            TBD - @UNLV
                            TBD - TCU
                            TBD - CSU
                            TBD - AirForce
                            TBD - Utah

TBD - Washington
                            TBD - USU
                            TBD - @ Boise State
                            TBD - SDSU
                            TBD - WYO
                            TBD - UNM
                            TBD - UNLV
                            TBD - @TCU
                            TBD - @CSU
                            TBD - @AirForce
                            TBD - @Utah

TBD - Boise State
                            TBD - @SDSU
                            TBD - @WYO
                            TBD - @UNM
                            TBD - @UNLV
                            TBD - TCU
                            TBD - CSU
                            TBD - AirForce
                            TBD - Utah

TBD - @ Boise State
                            TBD - SDSU
                            TBD - WYO
                            TBD - UNM
                            TBD - UNLV
                            TBD - @TCU
                            TBD - @CSU
                            TBD - @AirForce
                            TBD - @Utah

Scheduling Needs 2 home and 1 away.

TBD - Boise State
                            TBD - @SDSU
                            TBD - @WYO
                            TBD - @UNM
                            TBD - @UNLV
                            TBD - TCU
                            TBD - CSU
                            TBD - AirForce
                            TBD - Utah

The 2011 Arizona State game is no more. That series was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                            X