Ok this article pisses me off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok this article pisses me off.

Andy Staples you are a clown. Your article suggesting 4 payout games is the only way for the non bcs to make it to the title game is such horseshit.

Then you bring in Nebraska's schedule. as evidence.

Nebraska had 7 home games

Played 3 teams from the sunbelt. 4 top 25 teams
    Ok
    Mizzou
    Tex Tech
    Virgina Tech
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Andy Staples you are a clown. Your article suggesting 4 payout games is the only way for the non bcs to make it to the title game is such horseshit.

Ok
    Mizzou
    Tex Tech
    Virgina Tech
    It is a lame article. Texas, fine - but Nebraska? And the best recourse when a team refuses to play Utah or BYU or TCU or Boise State is to call them wimps in the press? Yeah, that sounds like it'll work.

Speaking of schedules, this year's Penn State schedule is the biggest cupcake I ever remember. 8 home games. 4 road games. Nonconference: Akron, Syracuse, Temple, and Eastern Illinois. Give me a break.

Sept. 5 AKRON
    Sept. 12 SYRACUSE
    Sept. 19 TEMPLE
    Sept. 26 IOWA (1)
    Oct. 3 at Illinois
    Oct. 10 EASTERN ILLINOIS
    Oct. 17 MINNESOTA (2)
    Oct. 24 at Michigan
    Oct. 31 at Northwestern
    Nov. 7 OHIO STATE
    Nov. 14 INDIANA
    Nov. 21 at Michigan State

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...schedules.html
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Ok
      Mizzou
      Tex Tech
      Virgina Tech
      I don't like reading these guys stupid articles and I appreciate you guys who do letting me know what they are saying. Glancing at it, am I right he is suggesting BYU and Utah play away games, pay games, at the big BCS schools, (which in my opinon Nebraska is not one), for the money and to prove how good we are?

If that is the case, what an ass.

Comment

LOL. That article is too silly to be mad about. Hey Boise State go and add Michigan and Texas to your non-conference schedule. They're ready to sign a deal. Utah, Miami and Georgia can't wait to play you too so just ink the contracts. What a joke.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          I don't like reading these guys stupid articles and I appreciate you guys who do letting me know what they are saying. Glancing at it, am I right he is suggesting BYU and Utah play away games, pay games, at the big BCS schools, (which in my opinon Nebraska is not one), for the money and to prove how good we are?

If that is the case, what an ass.
          Essentially yes. All the while he insinuates that these big BCS powerhouses are ready and willing to do it.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if it would be feasable for college football to go to some kind of computer generated schedule that was "fair and balanced." Probably not, but they do it on the video game!
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
              It is a lame article. Texas, fine - but Nebraska? And the best recourse when a team refuses to play Utah or BYU or TCU or Boise State is to call them wimps in the press? Yeah, that sounds like it'll work.

Speaking of schedules, this year's Penn State schedule is the biggest cupcake I ever remember. 8 home games. 4 road games. Nonconference: Akron, Syracuse, Temple, and Eastern Illinois. Give me a break.

Sept. 5 AKRON
              Sept. 12 SYRACUSE
              Sept. 19 TEMPLE
              Sept. 26 IOWA (1)
              Oct. 3 at Illinois
              Oct. 10 EASTERN ILLINOIS
              Oct. 17 MINNESOTA (2)
              Oct. 24 at Michigan
              Oct. 31 at Northwestern
              Nov. 7 OHIO STATE
              Nov. 14 INDIANA
              Nov. 21 at Michigan State

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...schedules.html
              While we're at it, here's the schedule for Ole Miss:
              September 6 at Memphis 3:30 PM ET
              September 19 Southeastern Louisiana 7:30 PM ET
              September 24 at South Carolina 7:30 PM ET
              October 3 at Vanderbilt TBA
              October 10 Alabama TBA
              October 17 UAB 2:00 PM ET
              October 24 Arkansas TBA
              October 31 at Auburn TBA
              November 7 Northern Arizona TBA
              November 14 Tennessee TBA
              November 21 LSU TBA
              November 28 at Mississippi State TBA

There's one plane trip on that schedule. LSU and Alabama are nothing to scoff at, but that's a sorry schedule.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                LOL. That article is too silly to be mad about. Hey Boise State go and add Michigan and Texas to your non-conference schedule. They're ready to sign a deal. Utah, Miami and Georgia can't wait to play you too so just ink the contracts. What a joke.
                that part craked me up... So Boise st should get play at Michigan and have Oregon st and byu at home ... hmmm isnt that exactly what Utah did in 2008??
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Florida returns their entire defense. All 11 starters are back.

It's a good thing those veterans don't play Ole Miss or Alabama. In fact the only other SEC team from last year's final rankings (Georgia), they get at home. 8 home games, 4 road games, with a bye before visiting LSU.

Please please please tell me the article talks about the fiery crucible of the SEC grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Essentially yes. All the while he insinuates that these big BCS powerhouses are ready and willing to do it.
                    What a deal for them. You get to play the best non-BCS teams, but you get to do it on your own turf. That is really going to even things up.

Hey, non-BCS guys, this is how you prove yourself. Don't play the crap or middle of the road BCS teams, play the better BCS teams and do it on the road.

Everyone knows how I feel about scheduling and playing good teams. However, I hate groveling and kissing someone's ass worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                      Florida returns their entire defense. All 11 starters are back.

It's a good thing those veterans don't play Ole Miss or Alabama. In fact the only other SEC team from last year's final rankings (Georgia), they get at home. 8 home games, 4 road games, with a bye before visiting LSU.

Please please please tell me the article talks about the fiery crucible of the SEC grind.
                      To be fair they will play georgia in Jacksonville

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        I wonder if it would be feasable for college football to go to some kind of computer generated schedule that was "fair and balanced." Probably not, but they do it on the video game!
                        I always add two top-5 teams to my OOC schedule. I'll play anyone, anywhere (on beginner, of course)!
                        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

If you can schedule those games and one of you goes undefeated, the humans and computers that pick the participants for the BCS title game will have no choice but to invite that team.
                          How many of the computers had Utah #1 last year?

Comment

NCAA should mandate a maximum of 7 home games. And that should be 7 home game every other year max. Neutral sites count as a home date for both teams.

That would fix a bunch of this crap.

Comment

Working...
                            X