#HoosRising Answering all the questions about Bronco Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #HoosRising Answering all the questions about Bronco Ball

Am I the only one that doesn't harbor ill will for Bronco now that the dust has settled on his move to UVA? This thread (http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...denhall-and-co) makes me wonder if I am. I guess that even if I'm the only one that cares, I'm still interested to see how Bronco does as he basically transplants his entire system and staff into a new program. Given a couple seasons, it seems all questions of Bronco's talent as a coach and administrator will be answered one way or another as we observe what stays constant (his philosophy, staff, and schemes) and what changes (his recruiting pool, his competition, and his players). I'm curious, and I'll be watching UVA with interest over the next few seasons.

And since I don't really harbor any ill will for the guy or is assistants, I hope they are wildly successful in the ACC. I don't expect that everyone feels the same way, but I hope there aren't too many that are actively rooting for him to fail at UVA.

Here's one fan's (loooong) breakdown on Bronco at UVA. Definitely a Kool-Aid drinker.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/2016/04/...roncoball.html
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't harbor ill will for Bronco now that the dust has settled on his move to UVA? This thread (http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...denhall-and-co) makes me wonder if I am. I guess that even if I'm the only one that cares, I'm still interested to see how Bronco does as he basically transplants his entire system and staff into a new program. Given a couple seasons, it seems all questions of Bronco's talent as a coach and administrator will be answered one way or another as we observe what stays constant (his philosophy, staff, and schemes) and what changes (his recruiting pool, his competition, and his players). I'm curious, and I'll be watching UVA with interest over the next few seasons.

And since I don't really harbor any ill will for the guy or is assistants, I hope they are wildly successful in the ACC. I don't expect that everyone feels the same way, but I hope there aren't too many that are actively rooting for him to fail at UVA.

Here's one fan's (loooong) breakdown on Bronco at UVA. Definitely a Kool-Aid drinker.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/2016/04/...roncoball.html
    I don't harbor ill will but he does strike me as really weird.

Comment

I loved Bronco as BYU's coach, and I wish him well at UVA. Like you, I will be keeping an eye on how he does.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Just knowing that whole staff will make it really easy to watch and cheer for UVA this season.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Certainly you are not alone, and I think he did just about as well as his own personality, his considerable football talents, and the honor code let him, but having said that...I'm glad he's gone. He didn't win many big games and while historically that has been the norm at BYU, I think hoping for a big game coach and a change in talent mix and recruiting can and should be a goal of any fan. Ask me again in 4 years .
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I am excited to see him lose his second game. If given the chance I'll boo him for old times sake and the bed shitting in the VEG.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

I think Bronco is a great guy and a great coach. I think the timing was right for a move and I'm happy he was able to cash in. I hope he's wildly successful at Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                I think Bronco is a great guy and a great coach. I think the timing was right for a move and I'm happy he was able to cash in. I hope he's wildly successful at Virginia.
                My thoughts also. I was bummed when he left. Looking at the situation now it probably was the right time for both parties.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Five straight losses to Utah. Grudge still firmly held.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I am excited to see him lose his second game. If given the chance I'll boo him for old times sake and the bed shitting in the VEG.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Five straight losses to Utah. Grudge still firmly held.
                      This is me. Although I could have forgiven the 4 losses if he hadn't stuck around to give us one last parting gift of a loss to our rival while he was building his new program. I think he was a great coach for us and the coach we needed to rebuild. I don't begrudge him leaving or even taking our entire staff with him. He built the staff, he can do what he wants. What pissed me off was the charade that he could adequately prepare us for the rivalry bowl while spending most of his time getting ready for his new job.

Comment

I came to focus more on the positives Bronco brought than the negatives. I predict he will do well in his new environment.

Comment

I love bronco. Was sad to see him go. I'd love for the urea to schedule Virginia every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            I love bronco. Was sad to see him go. I'd love for the urea to schedule Virginia every year.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              I like the new name. I do not want to see the mascot.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X