We're not Hawaii!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not Hawaii!

Notice how the pundits all bring up Hawaii's loss against Georgia and ignore how Utah itself and Boise schooled the BCS in the two BCS-non-BCS bowls prior bowls. I bet no one will point out Utah is 10-3 against the BCS.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Notice how the pundits all bring up Hawaii's loss against Georgia and ignore how Utah itself and Boise schooled the BCS in the two BCS-non-BCS bowls prior bowls. I bet no one will point out Utah is 10-3 against the BCS.
    That's funny, Utah basking in the glory of BSU's accomplishments.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

No you are not.

When opposing teams play Hawaii, fans actually want to make that road trip.

This is heady stuff, though. As far as sports boards go, it doesn't get much better than listening to SU talk about who's better, Hawaii or Utah, who's bowl will be the least watched, etc. Making SU pull out all those arcane stats regarding BSU and the Fiesta Bowl.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I hope they keep it up. If Tide players buy that they're playing a Hawaii like team, they'll be in for a surprise.

Comment

By that same token, as we saw earlier this year, Georgia is no Alabama.

Comment

a perfect example of your point from espn last night...

Sugar Bowl officials can only hope this game is better than the 2007 edition, in which Georgia routed unbeaten Hawaii 41-10. Alabama might have too much defense for the Utes, who are rather pedestrian on offense. At least Utah has been more battled tested than Hawaii was last season, beating Michigan, TCU and BYU.
            schlabach doesn't mention utah's win over osu, even though he has their bowl game ranked only three spots below the sugar.

but like i posted, going into this game under the radar may not be a bad thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ark&id=3753396

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
              I hope they keep it up. If Tide players buy that they're playing a Hawaii like team, they'll be in for a surprise.
              Give Nick Saban a month to prepare his team for a game like this and there is no way Bama considers Utah a Hawaii like team. Saban having a month to prepare for Utah is one thing Utah has going against them. Love him or hate him, Saban is one of the top 5 coaches in college football. Might even be top 3.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I expected the disrespect card already.

I have to admit, I didn't expect the "let's hope we catch them napping" card for a couple more weeks.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I expected the disrespect card already.

I have to admit, I didn't expect the "let's hope we catch them napping" card for a couple more weeks.
                  it's classic college sports; all underdogs play the diss card. utah will go into no as the least covered team (in terms of media) of any in the bcs matchups.

Comment

a perfect example of your point from espn last night...

schlabach doesn't mention utah's win over osu, even though he has their bowl game ranked only three spots below the sugar.

but like i posted, going into this game under the radar may not be a bad thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ark&id=3753396
                    That is funny that he didn't mention OSU, but did mention Michigan. Apparently Toledo is battle tested as well, having beaten Michigan. As are the other 9 teams that beat the Wolverines this season.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      That is funny that he didn't mention OSU, but did mention Michigan. Apparently Toledo is battle tested as well, having beaten Michigan. As are the other 9 teams that beat the Wolverines this season.
                      i think he meant it as a jab. he is a big time sec homer.

Comment

i think he meant it as a jab. he is a big time sec homer.
                        If so...the lesson as usual - SMR is a moron.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          If so...the lesson as usual - SMR is a moron.
                          not at all.

here is his background…

Mark Schlabach joined ESPN.com in July 2006 as a college football and basketball columnist. A graduate of the University of Georgia, Mark spent nine years at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution covering Georgia and the SEC, as well as the NFL and NASCAR.

Comment

Working...
                          X