Nebo prep ride - Saturday 8th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebo prep ride - Saturday 8th?

Am thinking of doing a prep ride for the Nebo Loop this Saturday.

Coach?...Duderino? BBB and Sassinator? mtnbiker? Bellavela?

Depending on how 'challenging' you all want it to be, was thinking of doing a loop that would include either a) Suncrest Hill and/or b) ride up to Timpanogos Cave. Would like to get some flats in at some point if we could too.

Would even be game for another Alpine Loop if that was the direction everyone wanted to go...maybe reverse the direction if so.

Thoughts?
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Originally posted by The Borg View Post
    Am thinking of doing a prep ride for the Nebo Loop this Saturday.

Coach?...Duderino? BBB and Sassinator? mtnbiker? Bellavela?
    I'd love to go. I was trying to decide what to do this weekend anyway. Heads up, though. I have not made significant improvements since last Saturday so you'll still be waiting for me at the end of the ride.

As for what to do, if you want to climb, there's only way I'll get better at it so I won't complain. It would be nice to mix in some flats after all those rolling hills, though. If you want to ride in Salt Lake, we could start at Jordan High, go around to Dimple Dell, through Herriman & back. Just one thought.

Comment

That would be tough. I have a half Mary that night. I am going to say that I will most likely have to pass.

Comment

I am definitely interested. I need to check on some things and get back with you. Morning would be best.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yep...I'm thinking early morning too so we can keep part of Saturday weekend alive.

I like BBB's ideas, let's let the week wear on to see how schedules work out, and BBB, throw together some routes, and I will too, (yours sounds about the same thing I was thinking about).

JL - get back to us with your sshedule sometime later when you know if you're available or not.
          "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Comment

If you're still serious about this, Utah Co sounds like a better location for potential participants. Miss sass suggested Provo River Trail. American Fork may be central depending on who's participating. I'm fine with coming out and riding the western side of the lake as well.

Comment

I am looking 90% doubtful for this Saturday.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Hmmm....let me think.

This week is the "Ulcer" in Utah County. There will be a LOT of riders going around Utah Lake.

You interested in a century ride?

I need to stew on this a bit.....

Comment

Hmmm....let me think.

This week is the "Ulcer" in Utah County. There will be a LOT of riders going around Utah Lake.

Wow, I had thought it wasn't for another week or two, when I definitely won't be available. Temps are supposed to be in the 70's, too, which would be nice for a long ride, but it might be breezy. hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                    Wow, I had thought it wasn't for another week or two, when I definitely won't be available. Temps are supposed to be in the 70's, too, which would be nice for a long ride, but it might be breezy. hmmmm....
                    Just make it to the south end of the lake before it begins to blow.

Comment

Hmmm....let me think.

I postponed my foot surgery so, I think I could be talked into a ride this weekend.

Comment

Hmmm....let me think.

If you get a pace line going that is a sub 5 hour century. flat course and if you start early you can pick up the tailwind on the East side of the lake(assumign they still start somewhere in Saratoga area).
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'm out due to work conflicts.

Comment

Working...
                          X