PDA

View Full Version : John Parker Wilson

8BR
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I didn't realize Wilson has only thrown a TD in six games this season - for a total of nine. I watched 'Bama play three times this season, but didn't appreciate at the time I was watching over half of his TDs.

I know, I know Bama is about Coffee and Co, but Wilson's stats are very underwhelming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=169602

BigPiney
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Why do we have to hear all of his names? So annoying. Kind of like that crappy John David Booty.

Oh and that is not much pass production.

smokymountainrain
12-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I didn't realize Wilson has only thrown a TD in six games this season - for a total of nine. I watched 'Bama play three times this season, but didn't appreciate at the time I was watching over half of his TDs.

I know, I know Bama is about Coffee and Co, but Wilson's stats are very underwhelming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=169602

JPW is the biggest reason the utes have a good chance to pull off the upset in this game. He just isn't a very good QB.

Against UK - at home, he went 7-17 for 106 yards, no TDs and 1 pick. His QB rating in that game was an abysmal 81.79. Alabama won that home game against Kentucky, 17-14.

Utah is better than Kentucky. All the utes need is for Wilson to come up with another stinker similar to that game and there is no question they can beat Alabama. He's proven he's plenty capable of having bad games. To show that game wasn't an aberration, he had a passer rating of 92.03 against might Arkansas St, 74.49 vs Tulane, 110 against Arkansas and 100 against LSU.

Solon
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Why do we have to hear all of his names? So annoying. Kind of like that crappy John David Booty.

Oh and that is not much pass production.

Maybe he's planning to become an assassin.

BigPiney
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe he's planning to become an assassin.

or maybe an 80's teen actor.

8BR
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
JPW is the biggest reason the utes have a good chance to pull off the upset in this game. He just isn't a very good QB.

That sounds right, given his overall stats and td/int ratio (9/6).

RC Vikings
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Is this the kid that was the QB for that team that MTV followed for a year?

Hot Lunch
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Is this the kid that was the QB for that team that MTV followed for a year?

That was his little brother.

bluegoose
12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Aside from that duck he threw up at the end of the game the other day, he looked pretty sharp in the second half on Saturday. His stats were mediocre, but he was moving the ball well on those 2 scoring drives.

cougjunkie
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
That was his little brother.

Ross Wilson, he is is playing baseball at Alabama. Amazing that nobody off of that team was very good in college. The second season they had twin Defensive ends who are both at Clemson now.

Solon
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
or maybe an 80's teen actor.

Good call. His hairdo makes this all the more likely.