So this is the infamous CUF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is the infamous CUF.

I just thought it was the off season on CB. So do we have an island of misfit toys or is this just a CB respite? Who keeps the CUF history? I'm curious to know how the migration began. Can I say CB on here?

For those that don't know me:
    I live in the middle of nowhere.
    I'm not a cycling nut but I paid enough for a bike that I feel obligated to ride it a couple of times a week.
    I'm not a lawyer.
    Just found out Friday that my family name will continue on for at least one more generation!

Congrats and welcome.

Somewhere around here is a story of how it all begin, something to the effect of when Mommy and Daddy really love each other... No wait that was something else. It is is the Town Hall somewhere I think.

Infamous, does that mean we are more than famous?

Comment

Originally posted by delux_247 View Post
      Who keeps the CUF history? I'm curious to know how the migration began.
      Welcome aboard. Regarding the above question, you probably don't really want to know the answer to that. Kind of like asking yoru parents how you were conceived.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        Welcome aboard. Regarding the above question, you probably don't really want to know the answer to that. Kind of like asking yoru parents how you were conceived.
        More like walking in on them.

Delux is a fellow biker (NOT cyclist), so I am no longer alone. For that I am grateful.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

welcome D-lux

I'm not a cycling nut

You will be. You will be!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Congrats and welcome.

Infamous, does that mean we are more than famous?
            Take that as you will but considering my source you may consider that a compliment.

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            More like walking in on them.

Delux is a fellow biker (NOT cyclist), so I am no longer alone. For that I am grateful.
            This may or may not be a disappointment but I actually enjoy both. Due to the new addition to the family one of the bikes (motorcycles) had to go and unfortunately it was the CBR. Still have the wife’s Shadow though.

Until the groin strain heals I'm out of commission on the pedal bike...

Comment

This may or may not be a disappointment but I actually enjoy both. Due to the new addition to the family one of the bikes (motorcycles) had to go and unfortunately it was the CBR. Still have the wife’s Shadow though.

Until the groin strain heals I'm out of commission on the pedal bike...
              It is not a disappointment. Cassandra has been having to share her time with my Asics lately. I support your choice to keep the Shadow over the CBR, though.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Deluxe 247, welcome to the board. However, as I'm not a CB creature, you must first answer the following question. I'll advise you to answer carefully, as our future dealings may depend largely upon how you respond to this one question:

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, would have to take into account the digestive tract contents of the animal, blood serum hydration levels, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass with regional sub-species variations, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers...........giving your best guess from a hypothesis that factors in these variables, what do you estimate the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow to be?
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Deluxe 247, welcome to the board. However, as I'm not a CB creature, you must first answer the following question. I'll advise you to answer carefully, as our future dealings may depend largely upon how you respond to this one question:

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, would have to take into account the digestive tract contents of the animal, blood serum hydration levels, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass with regional sub-species variations, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers...........giving your best guess from a hypothesis that factors in these variables, what do you estimate the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow to be?

Hmmm...as I'm a geek by nature I have to have a few clarifications. What point of reference are we measuring this speed from? Is it an inertial reference frame? Also, are relativistic effects (admittedly minor) also being taken into account?

Comment

Hmmm...as I'm a geek by nature I have to have a few clarifications. What point of reference are we measuring this speed from? Is it an inertial reference frame? Also, are relativistic effects (admittedly minor) also being taken into account?
                    I'm not going to do your job for you. You tell me.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Smackdown!!!

These questions are becoming a huge source of embarrassment.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to do your job for you. You tell me.
                        African or European? Err... wait, you already said European. Dang it, I don't know.

Comment

African or European? Err... wait, you already said European. Dang it, I don't know.
                          You are dead to me.

Comment

You are dead to me.
                            Hey delux, don't worry about wuap. "You are dead to me" is a term of endearment from a suspected necrophiliac.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              Hey delux, don't worry about wuap. "You are dead to me" is a term of endearment from a suspected necrophiliac.
                              lol.

reminds me of the old TSOL song, "Code Blue."
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X