Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3d, your credibilty is in tatters; I'm tired of your elitism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d, your credibilty is in tatters; I'm tired of your elitism.

Utah v. no. 4 Bama in the Sugar Bowl goes against all you've been preaching about how it works. See, there is a Wizard of Oz.

Ute fans have no grounds for complaining about the BCS. None. The BCS has been good for Utah.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Utah v. no. 4 Bama in the Sugar Bowl goes against all you've been preaching about how it works. See, there is a Wizard of Oz.

Ute fans have no grounds for complaining about the BCS. None. The BCS has been good for Utah.
    Saturday is usually your drunk night. What are you talking about?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Saturday is usually your drunk night. What are you talking about?
      You spun various scenarios where it was impossible for the Utes to be in a mega bowl against a mega BCS team. As it turns out, Utah has a better bowl than USC.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

You spun various scenarios where it was impossible for the Utes to be in a mega bowl against a mega BCS team. As it turns out, Utah has a better bowl than USC.
        I distinctly remember him doing this. Good call big guy.

Comment

You need to start linking for your posts. I never said it was impossible for the Utes to be in a BCS bowl. They clearly were getting the autobid. I did say they would likely have the worst or second worst tv ratings of all the BCS bowls. I also said that there was no way Florida would get left out of the NC game yesterday. I was right about that, despite what SoCalPat was predicting.

As for which berth is better, once again, LA Ute......peerless sports posts. About 20K fewer people can even go to the Sugar Bowl, it is in a dome on green carpet, and the ratings will be pretty bad. I am being honest here....I wonder if the Sugar Bowl will get higher ratings than the Orange Bowl this year? It will probably be close, frankly.

I am going out on a limb and predicting that, being the fan you are, you will be nowhere near the Sugar Bowl when the Utes play?

sigpic

Comment

Here, SU. I found a cool article for you on foxsports. Just came out, breaking down all the BCS bowls.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8...-the-BCS-bowls

It seems to support your premise.

The author says this about the Rose Bowl game:

The buzz will be ... that this should be the second-best bowl game of the season. If either one wins convincingly, a No. 2 spot in the final rankings will be possible. Penn State and the Big Ten desperately need to show they can play with USC, while the Trojans will look to keep their Pasadena dominance.
            The author says this about the Sugar Bowl matchup:

Utah had to be stuck somewhere. The Utes desperately wanted to go to the Fiesta Bowl to allow their fan base to be able to drive down, but the idea of Texas vs. Ohio State was way too spicy for the Glendale types to pass up. Now the Sugar Bowl gets its second straight matchup between the automatic non-BCS conference team and the grouchy, disappointed SEC team. America can only hope this is slightly better than Georgia's 41-10 blasting of Hawaii last year. Of course, the Tide was hoping to be off to the national title game, but its hard-fought loss to the Florida Tebows, uh, Gators means the trip to New Orleans will have to do. Before the season, Tide fans would've taken the Sugar Bowl in a heartbeat, but now it's a no-win game. Beat Utah, big deal. Lose to Utah, the season goes from epic to disastrous. The Utes were never seriously in the national title debate, even though they're unbeaten, and they'll be looking to prove they should've been in Miami on Jan. 8 rather than in New Orleans six days earlier.

sigpic

Comment

Sincerely,

Every fan of a team that has never tasted a national championship.

Your team is 12-0 and could finish the season 13-0 with wins over four top-25 teams, and, outside the Ute locker room, won't even be discussed as a possible national title contender. That this is possible is a testament to the sucktitude of the BCS. That you are content with it is a testament to your sucktitude as a sports fan.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Sincerely,

Every fan of a team that has never tasted a national championship.

Your team is 12-0 and could finish the season 13-0 with wins over four top-25 teams, and, outside the Ute locker room, won't even be discussed as a possible national title contender. That this is possible is a testament to the sucktitude of the BCS. That you are content with it is a testament to your sucktitude as a sports fan.
                Moron, you need to bone up on history and start becoming a student of 3D's posts. Last I checked, a playoff was about as realistic as the Celestial Kingdom. Take away the BCS and Utah would be playing in Vegas and your team would be God only knows where, probably in a cold climate bowl.

You have not "tasted" any real national championship. I'd way way rather beat no. 4 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl than have BYU's notorious achievement in 1984. Any rational person would. If you were a real fan you'd bitterly regret BYU has never played in a game like Utah will on 1/2/09.

Until BYU qualifies for a BSC bowl your rants against the BCS are only wishful thinking.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Moron, you need to bone up on history and start becoming a student of 3D's posts. Last I checked, a playoff was about as realistic as the Celestial Kingdom. Take away the BCS and Utah would be playing in Vegas and your team would be God only knows where, probably in a cold climate bowl.

You have not "tasted" any real national championship. I'd way way rather beat no. 4 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl than have BYU's notorious achievement in 1984. Any rational person would. If you were a real fan you'd bitterly regret BYU has never played in a game like Utah will on 1/2/09.

Until BYU qualifies for a BSC bowl your rants against the BCS are only wishful thinking.
                  Your assertions that only BCS participants have the standing to validate complaints about the present system would make even the goodest of the good ol' boys proud. You're content to go undefeated and play in a meaningless bowl game, while defeateds battle for the title. And yes, your bowl is meaningless, as is every other bowl game outside of the national title game.

The only regret I have about BYU not playing in a BCS game this year is that it appears to be a necessary precursor to winning a national title as a non-BCS team. Unfortunately for Utah, they don't have the horses returning next season to follow up their BCS run with a run at a national title.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Your assertions that only BCS participants have the standing to validate complaints about the present system would make even the goodest of the good ol' boys proud. You're content to go undefeated and play in a meaningless bowl game, while defeateds battle for the title. And yes, your bowl is meaningless, as is every other bowl game outside of the national title game.

The only regret I have about BYU not playing in a BCS game this year is that it appears to be a necessary precursor to winning a national title as a non-BCS team. Unfortunately for Utah, they don't have the horses returning next season to follow up their BCS run with a run at a national title.
                    Nothing matters except playing in and winning a BCS championship game? You are going to die a very bitter and frustrated BYU fan. If I take yoru words at face value everything BYU has done on the gridiron except that kitsh "national championship" game against an unranked 6-5 Michigan team is less than meaningless. I wonder what you have accomplished in your life to justify taking such a dismissive attitude of every other postseason game that will be played outside the one in Miami Jan. 5.

Come on. Admit it. It's eating you up to see Utah in the SUGAR BOWL against one of the top five traditions all-time, that is ranked no. 4.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Nothing matters except playing in and winning a BCS championship game? You are going to die a very bitter and frustrated BYU fan. If I take yoru words at face value everything BYU has done on the gridiron except that kitsh "national championship" game against an unranked 6-5 Michigan team is less than meaningless. I wonder what you have accomplished in your life to justify taking such a dismissive attitude of every other postseason game that will be played outside the one in Miami Jan. 5.

Come on. Admit it. It's eating you up to see Utah in the SUGAR BOWL against one of the top five traditions all-time, that is ranked no. 4.
                      I'd be lying if I said I didn't care. Sure I'd rather see BYU in the Sugar Bowl (no all-caps necessary) than Utah.

My personal accomplishments are irrelevant when it comes to the BCS system. My point (and it's not an original point--plenty of others share the same viewpoint) is that the bowl system is stupid. And it's even stupider now that the BCS determines who plays in the national title game. Pre BCS, there was often a chance that 3-4 teams had an outside chance at a national title, meaning at least 3-4 bowl games were meaningful. Now, aside from warm fuzzies and pre-season rankings, bowl victories mean nothing. I realize that's hard for a U of U fan to understand, as you're sure to tout your impressive bowl record. But it's the truth.

As for dying a bitter and frustrated BYU fan, perhaps you are right. I like the "warm fuzzies" I get when BYU wins, and that is why I continue to watch them, even in meaningless bowl games. But it doesn't change the fact that I will ever be frustrated by the imperfect system which determines the national champion.

Comment

Moron, you need to bone up on history and start becoming a student of 3D's posts.
                        3D has no credibility.

Comment

I agree with the pragmatism of this post. Utah has turned this system to its favor.
                          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

I'll admit to bowl envy, and admiration for Utah having gained a BCS invite not just once but twice. Perhaps someday you, too, will grow up a bit and get away from infantile rips like "that kitsh [sic] 'national championship' game against an unranked 6-5 Michigan team is less than meaningless." BYU played the best team that was willing to play BYU, and admittedly Michigan wasn't great. But after the game, a substantial majority of the nation's sportswriters and Div. 1 football coaches agreed BYU was the No. 1 team in the nation, an accolade that Utah has never received, and likely never will. And yet you call that meaningless--talk about things eating one up inside....

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I'll admit to bowl envy, and admiration for Utah having gained a BCS invite not just once but twice. Perhaps someday you, too, will grow up a bit and get away from infantile rips like "that kitsh [sic] 'national championship' game against an unranked 6-5 Michigan team is less than meaningless." BYU played the best team that was willing to play BYU, and admittedly Michigan wasn't great. But after the game, a substantial majority of the nation's sportswriters and Div. 1 football coaches agreed BYU was the No. 1 team in the nation, an accolade that Utah has never received, and likely never will. And yet you call that meaningless--talk about things eating one up inside....
                              Good point. The mechanism that earned BYU a national championship is the very same mechanism that has put the Utes into the Sugar Bowl: a beauty contest.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X