Dallas--where to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas--where to stay?

We'll probably be spending Friday and Saturday nights. I'd like to get some good food, see some sights, etc. I know nothing about Dallas and have never been there. I have no idea where the stadium or airport is; obviously, proximity to both would be nice, but I'd rather have a good time in Dallas, if it's an either-or thing.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

The stadium and DFW are halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth. You can stay there in Arlington if you want to be close to both.

Comment

Obviously, you won't be driving from the airport to the stadium, but this gives you the idea of what's where. A is the airport and B is the stadium.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,1.134338&z=10

Comment

Go see where jfk was shot. Check the conspiracy museam in the depository if you'd like.and eat steak

Comment

I will be here.

http://www.tour18-dallas.com/sites/c...422&page=11996

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            That looks pretty sweet and prices are fairly reasonable.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              That looks pretty sweet and prices are fairly reasonable.
              I worry about courses like this and if they really are reasonably close to the famous holes they copy. In this case I have some friends who have played the course and they say the holes are pretty dang close to the real ones, at least as far as the layout goes.

Comment

You'll be right in my old stomping grounds. I lived in Flower Mound for 5 years. If you have time, there is an excellent Mexican restaurant on the way out to Tour 18. It is called Christina's and is in a strip mall at the corner of Cross Timbers and Shiloh Road.

In terms of ER's original question, Babs is right about Arlingtong being midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth and it would be fine to stay if what your after is the sports venues, chain restaurants, sixl flags, etc. type of atmosphere. If it were me, I'd stay downtown and take in the West End the night before the game. Tons of good eats and stuff to do.

On the Ft. Worth side, the stockyards are kind of cool but in general Dallas is not a tourist destination. Wak around Dailey Plaza, maybe go to the museum, head over to Ft. WOrth and see the stockyards and you've pretty much seen all Dallas has to offer in terms of tourist attractions.
                Last edited by FMCoug; 07-31-2009, 08:46 AM.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                  You'll be right in my old stomping grounds. I lived in Flower Mound for 5 years. If you have time, there is an excellent Mexican restaurant on the way out to Tour 18. It is called Christina's and is in a strip mall at the corner of Cross Timbers and Shiloh Road.

In terms of ER's original question, Babs is right about Arlingtong being midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth and it would be fine to stay if what your after is the sports venues, chain restaurants, sixl flags, etc. type of atmosphere. If it were me, I'd stay downtown and take in the West End the night before the game. Tons of good eats and stuff to do.

On the Ft. Worth side, the stockyards are kind of cool but in general Dallas is not a tourist destination. Wak around Dailey Plaza, maybe go to the museum, head over to Ft. WOrth and see the stockyards and you've pretty much seen all Dallas has to offer in terms of tourist attractions.
                  Thanks, I am sure we will be looking for places to eat. If we decide to play two rounds of golf, the kids have to pay for their golf so we might not, do you have any suggestions for a second place to play.

Comment

We are staying downtown.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I am sure we will be looking for places to eat. If we decide to play two rounds of golf, the kids have to pay for their golf so we might not, do you have any suggestions for a second place to play.
                      I'm not a golfer so I don't really know for sure other than there are tons of courses around. There is the course in Irving where they have the Byron Nelson. Can't remember the name but it's by the Four Seasons.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I'm not a golfer so I don't really know for sure other than there are tons of courses around. There is the course in Irving where they have the Byron Nelson. Can't remember the name but it's by the Four Seasons.
                        A little pricey on that one.

Comment

doesn't what's his name live in dallas? maybe he has a spare cot?
                          I intend to live forever.
                          So far, so good.
                          --Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            We are staying downtown.
                            downtown austin?

Comment

This is my plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X