BYU, I feel your pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU, I feel your pain

It is a travesty that BYU, at 10-2, has to play the 5th-place team in the PAC-10, a league the MWC owned this season. Ridiculous. A few bad bounces of the ball, and Utah is in the same boat. Maybe someday things will be better.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

BYu did not earn a marquee bowl this year, but the current pairings for the MWC are pathetic.

The league champion is automatically paired with the 4th place team from the PAC10? how awful is that?

I would have been pleased with a BSU matchup. At least the opponent is interesting.

TCU should also be pissed. It didn't even get an invite to its own conference bowl tie-in.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      TCU should also be pissed. It didn't even get an invite to its own conference bowl tie-in.
      I see your point, but I doubt many TCU fans would switch places with us.

Comment

So what are the odds the MWC can steal the auto bid from the Big East in the next few years? Will it take having 2 or 3 top 25 teams each year for the next 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I see your point, but I doubt many TCU fans would switch places with us.
          that's for sure.

how good is arizona this year? i know nothing about them except that every year for the last 5-6 years stoops the second was supposed to finally have his breakout year.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            So what are the odds the MWC can steal the auto bid from the Big East in the next few years? Will it take having 2 or 3 top 25 teams each year for the next 4 years?
            i think we have to have a team in the top 10 every few years as well as 2 or 3 in the top 25. bcs busting a few more times will help tons.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              It is a travesty that BYU, at 10-2, has to play the 5th-place team in the PAC-10, a league the MWC owned this season. Ridiculous. A few bad bounces of the ball, and Utah is in the same boat. Maybe someday things will be better.
              Don't patronize them. They won't like you for it.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                This is true. While we can argue all day about USC, OU, UT, and Florida, the real shortcomings of the BCS system show up in the way it treats the 108 or so schools that aren't in the super-heavyweight division.
                "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                  that's for sure.

how good is arizona this year? i know nothing about them except that every year for the last 5-6 years stoops the second was supposed to finally have his breakout year.
                  The Las Vegas Sports Consultants think they are better than BYU (or they did as of last week). If BYU wins it will be easily the best win of the season.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...m/story/786812

Code:
                   	Florida 	115.0 	1 	Title shot on the line in Atlanta.
                  2 	Oklahoma 	114.3 	2 	Shootout winner over Cowboys.
                  3 	Southern Cal 	113.5 	3 	Rival Bruins last Rose Bowl hurdle.
                  4 	Texas 	113.0 	4 	BCS snub!!!!
                  5 	Penn State 	110.5 	5 	Eyeing a date with the Trojans.
                  5 	Alabama 	110.5 	6 	Everything on the line vs. Gators.
                  7 	Texas Tech 	109.3 	7 	Barely got by Baylor.
                  8 	Missouri 	106.5 	8 	Knocked off by Kansas.
                  8 	Ohio State 	106.5 	9 	Back in BCS picture???
                  10 	Georgia 	105.0 	10 	Couldn't hold off Georgia Tech.
                  11 	Utah 	104.8 	12 	Where do they end up????
                  12 	Oklahoma State 	104.7 	11 	Gave Sooners a battle.
                  12 	Boise State 	104.7 	13 	Another Bronco blowout.
                  14 	Texas Christian 	104.1 	14 	Solid season for Horned Frogs.
                  15 	Oregon 	103.6 	16 	Spoiled Beavers Rose Bowl plans.
                  16 	California 	102.9 	15 	Wrap up with Washington.
                  17 	Mississippi 	102.2 	24 	Houston Nutt - Coach of the Year???
                  18 	Cincinnati 	101.8 	20 	Comfortable win over Syracuse team.
                  19 	West Virginia 	101.6 	17 	Flopped in Pittsburgh.
                  20 	Iowa 	101.5 	21 	Waiting for post-season invite.
                  21 	Arizona 	101.4 	22 	Pay Sun Devils a visit.
                  22 	Oregon State 	101.3 	18 	Couldn't keep up with Ducks.
                  23 	Boston College 	101.1 	23 	Hold serve at home over Maryland.
                  23 	Florida State 	101.1 	19 	Class difference on display against UF.
                  25 	Pittsburgh 	101.0 	NR 	Two straight wins in the Backyard Brawl.
                  26 	Nebraska 	100.8 	27 	Beat Buffaloes in high scoring affair.
                  27 	Georgia Tech 	100.6 	NR 	Beat Bulldogs in Athens.
                  28 	Kansas 	100.5 	30 	Nice way to end season.
                  29 	Ball State 	100.3 	NR 	Now the MAC Championship.
                  30 	Brigham Young 	100.0 	28 	Waiting for an invitation.
                  30 	Michigan State 	100.0 	28 	Hoping to regroup in bowl season.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Unfortunately, what it will take is the MWC having at least half as many TV sets in its viewing area as those in the Big East, and currently it's not remotely close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Unfortunately, what it will take is the MWC having at least half as many TV sets in its viewing area as those in the Big East, and currently it's not remotely close to that.
                      Well it ain't like the mormon leaders did not see this day coming, and like watchmen on the watchtowers they prophesied of the inspired commandment to reproduce like rabbits!

If only we had listend and kept our numbers up in double digits each generation. Now we reap the consequences of our actions...........
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                      X