2014 BYU Women's Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 BYU Women's Volleyball

I suppose we might need a forum for non-football/bball sports. Going to put it here.

Need to give a shout-out for the women's volleyball team. They have made it all the way to the elite eight.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...e-8-berth.html

Next game is tonight vs. Nebraska.

Jennifer Hamson is the star. Same woman who led the basketball team to the Sweet Sixteen this year. She has had an unbelievable run: All-American in two sports. Has any other BYU athlete ever done that?

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...ennifer-hamson
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 12-13-2014, 01:06 PM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

ESPN U. I'll tune in if I remember.

Comment

A nice run by the womeb
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I suppose we might need a forum for non-football/bball sports. Going to put it here.

Need to give a shout-out for the women's volleyball team. They have made it all the way to the elite eight.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...e-8-berth.html

Next game is tonight vs. Nebraska.

Jennifer Hamson is the star. Same woman who led the basketball team to the Sweet Sixteen this year. She has had an unbelievable run. All-American in two sports. Has any other BYU athlete ever done that?

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...ennifer-hamson
        I was gonna say Danny Ainge, but looking him up, I don't think he was all-American in baseball, which is weird because he played in the Majors.

Hamson is truly amazing. She deserves and has earned all the success she has.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I was gonna say Danny Ainge, but looking him up, I don't think he was all-American in baseball, which is weird because he played in the Majors.

Hamson is truly amazing. She deserves and has earned all the success she has.
          Ainge never played baseball at BYU. He was drafted by the Jays out of high school, and actually made the majors while he was still in college (one of the better summer job options--wish I'd pursued that). As I recall, in the same year that he led BYU to the Elite 8, he played infield (SS or 3B, I can't remember) while a teammate was throwing a perfecto. I suspect there are few players who have done both in the same year, or lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Ainge never played baseball at BYU. He was drafted by the Jays out of high school, and actually made the majors while he was still in college (one of the better summer job options--wish I'd pursued that). As I recall, in the same year that he led BYU to the Elite 8, he played infield (SS or 3B, I can't remember) while a teammate was throwing a perfecto. I suspect there are few players who have done both in the same year, or lifetime.
            Yeah, I'm just old enough to remember him playing basketball, but I didn't realize he went pro so early in his baseball career. Guess you miss out on some of the "honors" when you skip ahead like that.

Comment

BYU got screwed by not getting seeded. Glad they are making this run -- will definitely watch tonight at 9:30.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                BYU got screwed by not getting seeded. Glad they are making this run -- will definitely watch tonight at 9:30.
                No doubt. The volleyball tournament seeding is always jacked up. Happens in the men's tournament too. Last year it was a joke that Loyola didn't have any MPSF teams in its side of the bracket.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Byu had an untimely loss or two toward the end of its season.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

BYU wins the first set.

Comment

Is this really live? Why the late match.
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

And BYU wins the second set.

Comment

They're relentless with the blocks and surprisingly fun to watch.

Comment

Alexa Gray is awesome.

Comment

2-0. Just need one more.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X