Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of talk about Jake Heaps not having a great arm and being another system QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of talk about Jake Heaps not having a great arm and being another system QB

Well his performance at the Elite 11 camp begs to differ a few quotes:

From Day 2
    Heaps lives for these types of events. He's almost robotic in his consistency. His ball always comes out quickly, with a tight spin, and on target. I don't think there's a player on the field that has an arm that's going to compare to some of the past top quarterbacks like Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Mallet, and the like, Heaps has arguably the strongest, most accurate arm on the field
    From Day 3

- Scout's #1 rated quarterback was also the day's #1. Heaps hit every pass asked of him. He didn't just hit his passes, he hit them with authority. He'd place a skinny post on the bridge of the receivers nose. He's take a seam route up the middle with inside coverage and put the ball on the outside ear of the receiver.

Manning the Target

The circuit targets were setup again as each of the participants runs to the four stations to try and hit a target that represents a different route. One of the targets is roughly 30 yards from the line of scrimmage, towards the sideline. It's the deep comeback route, and one that will separate the men from the boys in terms of making the big throw.

I saw each player with at least two attempts, and I saw three players that were successful on the deep comeback, Carson Palmer, Daryll Clark (24 year old starting QB for Penn State) and Jake Heaps.

I talked with one of the receivers during the camp. I asked him "It's 3rd and 15, who do you want to throw you the ball?" He had to think of it for a second, but then said "Probably Jake".

After today's performance, I agree with him.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Well his performance at the Elite 11 camp begs to differ a few quotes:

From Day 2

From Day 3
    Too bad he will face so few 3rd and 15s!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I'm surprised he can perform so well while the entire Cougar Nation is humping his leg.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        I'm surprised he can perform so well while the entire Cougar Nation is humping his leg.
        At least Bronco's leg is getting a break...

Comment

Heaps won the MVP of the Elite 11 camp today.

Also for the SC fans Jesse Scroggins committed to USC today as well.

Heaps also won the QB most ready to play early and the big arm award.

If SDSU fans exist they should be mad as early commit Tyler Bray blew up at the camp and has reopened his commitment.
          *Banned*

Comment

Tennessee is screwed with Scroggins commiting to the Trojans. They've offered and whiffed on all the major QB prospects this year and failed to sign a QB last recruiting class.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

The Scroggins commit was a big tweet today. Lots of discussion. That was a nice get.

Last edited by TripletDaddy; 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                Excellent.

Comment

Working...
                X