Skip Holtz to Coach the Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip Holtz to Coach the Orange

I know that I am probably the only one here who cares much, if any, about Syracuse football... but:

http://www.syracuse.com/today/index...._holtz_sy.html

This is and interesting, if correct, for the Orange. Greg Robinson, while a nice guy, needed to go, and failed, at least in part, because he didn't have any contact with North-East football. I don't know what ties or affiliations Skip Holtz has had in the NE for recruiting, etc., but his name is recognized, and that already puts him ahead of GRobinson.

Let's Go Orange!

He head-coached at UConn, and other than being the head coach at East Carolina, that is his only HC experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Holtz

Comment

That is a really good get for them at the Cuse. If he had waited around I am sure that he would and could have gotten a higher profile job. Not that the Cuse is low profile, but they have been in the dumps for most of this decade.

Comment

I think Cuse is making a mistake. They have Turner Gill in their own back yard a man who has recruited that area and has won at BUFFALO!
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I think Cuse is making a mistake. They have Turner Gill in their own back yard a man who has recruited that area and has won at BUFFALO!
          I would love to get Turner Gill, but from what I have read, he's more interested in the Auburn job... Syracuse interviewed him last week. AD Daryl Gross (used to be at USC) is going to NYC for hall of fame dinner re: Lou Holtz, and it sounds like Gross and Skip Holtz will have a meeting there.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
            I would love to get Turner Gill, but from what I have read, he's more interested in the Auburn job... Syracuse interviewed him last week. AD Daryl Gross (used to be at USC) is going to NYC for hall of fame dinner re: Lou Holtz, and it sounds like Gross and Skip Holtz will have a meeting there.
            My brother in law is a huge Cuse fan. He lived in Syracuse for a while. I'll have to get his take on this.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X