What I want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I want

Texas-OK in the NC game (over on Utefans SoCalPat is saying this will happen), and Utah and Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

What are the odds of this happening?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Texas-OK in the NC game (over on Utefans SoCalPat is saying this will happen), and Utah and Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

The odds are long but that would be a delicious development.

Comment

Texas-OK in the NC game
      This is what I'm hoping for, but it's not possible. At least half the voters are going to have Florida #1 tomorrow.

Comment

SoCalPat is an idiot.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Incidentally, Seattle, if you want any chance of this happening at all, you need Cincinnati to defeat Hawaii tonight.

Comment

I don't know SoCalPat.

He is clearly stupid.

That is all.

"Florida, you just beat the #1 team in the country and won the SEC championship. You do NOT get to go to the title game, but rather will be able to really prove how good you are by matching up against the University of Utah!"
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              "Florida, you just beat the #1 team in the country and won the SEC championship. You do NOT get to go to the title game, but rather will be able to really prove how good you are by matching up against the University of Utah!"
              It would finally be the end of the BCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                It would finally be the end of the BCS.

plus it would make no sense.

texas, who did not even play today, and did not win its own division, let alone its own conference, magically leapfrogs over Florida, who played today, defeated the #1 team in the country, and also won its conference title?

Again, LA Ute is correct...SeattleUte's sports posts are without peer.

I always have to discount any of SU's Saturday night posts. I think we all know why.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  plus it would make no sense.

texas, who did not even play today, and did not win its own division, let alone its own conference, magically leapfrogs over Florida, who played today, defeated the #1 team in the country, and also won its conference title?

Again, LA Ute is correct...SeattleUte's sports posts are without peer.

I always have to discount any of SU's Saturday night posts. I think we all know why.
                  Well, see, it's not exactly a leapfrog. In the computers, Oklahoma and Texas are ranked #1 and #2, respectively. Florida was only ranked #6. Even with the win today, Florida won't move up to #1 or #2 in the computers. So whoever this guy on CB is, is suggesting that the voters won't give Florida enough of the edge to make up for the computer deficit.

Comment

Well, see, it's not exactly a leapfrog. In the computers, Oklahoma and Texas are ranked #1 and #2, respectively. Florida was only ranked #6. Even with the win today, Florida won't move up to #1 or #2 in the computers. So whoever this guy on CB is, is suggesting that the voters won't give Florida enough of the edge to make up for the computer deficit.
                    I was referring to the coaches vote. Tomorrow Florida is going to be the consensus #1 team in the polls.

There will be no Texas OU national championship.

However, we all know that being #1 and NOT playing in the title game is not unprecedented. I know of a certain team that experienced such a travesty. That team, however, won its conference title

sigpic

Comment

I am not sure what that would do to the collective ego of Oklahoma losing to Texas twice in one year. Do Sooner fans know 2 different excuses?
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I am not sure what that would do to the collective ego of Oklahoma losing to Texas twice in one year. Do Sooner fans know 2 different excuses?
                        I would LOVE to play Texas again. It wouldn't even be close.

Comment

I would LOVE to play Texas again. It wouldn't even be close.
                          You think the Horns win by more than 10?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Why exactly should Florida be ranked ahead of Texas? If we ignore timing and ESPN commentary and just look at what they've done...
                            We'll call defeats over Alabama and Oklahoma a wash.
                            Texas lost a close one to Texas Tech on the road.
                            Florida lost at home to Ole Miss.

Yet, suddenly, it's absurd to think that Texas is equally deserving of a NC spot as Florida. This is why I hate human polls.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              Why exactly should Florida be ranked ahead of Texas? If we ignore timing and ESPN commentary and just look at what they've done...
                              We'll call defeats over Alabama and Oklahoma a wash.
                              Texas lost a close one to Texas Tech on the road.
                              Florida lost at home to Ole Miss.

Yet, suddenly, it's absurd to think that Texas is equally deserving of a NC spot as Florida. This is why I hate human polls.
                              In addition to Texas, Why not Penn State? Why not Bama? Why not USC? Why not Texas Tech? Why the hell not the Utes? Or Boise? This crap is absolutely ridiculous. There is no such thing as a national champion, especially this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X