Oklahoma Florida is going to be a fun game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Florida is going to be a fun game

to watch. The past 2 years I wasn't excited about watching the National Championship game. Something about it having Ohio St. there just made things not as interesting. Florida/OU should be a great game. I think right now if Percy Harvin is back that Florida has the edge and will be the favorite. I may be wrong though. IMO they have a better D but it will not be an easy task slowing down the Sooner O. Hopefully Demarco Murray will be o.k. for the game. Should be fun.

GO SOONERS.
    "Take it to the Bank"

And watch this not be the match up in the Championship game. If so, please disregard this thread.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I tend to agree with you. If it's Florida-Oklahoma, what it will come down to is that their D will be able to slow Sam, but ours won't be able to stop Tim. I also anticipate Florida having the home-crowd advantage. On top of the fact that the game is, you know, in Florida, Sooner fans have pretty much given up traveling to bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Sooner fans have pretty much given up traveling to bowl games.
        You don't think they will travel for this one? I guess if they aren't going to travel to this one they aren't go to travel to any of them.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

BG, what is your honest take? Do you really think Oklahoma will have a chance?

I don't see this as a close game. Oklahoma's D is too suspect.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I think Oklahoma will win. There offense is truly unstoppable and I think Bama showed that Florida is stoppable, even without turnovers that Oklahoma seems to inevitably create.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              BG, what is your honest take? Do you really think Oklahoma will have a chance?

I don't see this as a close game. Oklahoma's D is too suspect.
              That's what I said. Sooners' D is too banged up. And even at their best they're shaky. They won't be able to stop Tim.

OTOH, Florida doesn't look to have much of a D, either.

HotLunch, after four BCS bowl losses in a row, a lot of Sooner fans are a little reluctant to shell out the dough. Oklahoma's not exactly an affluent alumni base.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                And watch this not be the match up in the Championship game. If so, please disregard this thread.
                Haha...yeah, that Texas/USC match up in the NC will be a classic!
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Oklahoma's not exactly an affluent alumni base.
                  You think? I bet they are at least as affluent as Bama's and I bet there are more of them. Are you one yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                    You think? I bet they are at least as affluent as Bama's and I bet there are more of them. Are you one yourself?
                    I am indeed. I don't usually like to brag about my CV, but I have not one but TWO degrees from that hallowed and venerable institution.

I don't know what Alabama has to do with it, though. Alabama's fans only need fifty bucks for a tank of gas to drive across the border to the Sugar Bowl. The Sooners are likely playing 1200 miles from home.

Comment

I am indeed. I don't usually like to brag about my CV, but I have not one but TWO degrees from that hallowed and venerable institution.

I don't know what Alabama has to do with it, though. Alabama's fans only need fifty bucks for a tank of gas to drive across the border to the Sugar Bowl. The Sooners are likely playing 1200 miles from home.
                      I have Bama on my CV so they are always pertinent to me. And if I recall correctly when ya'll came down to T-Town to eke out a win, you came out in the greatest force and threw around the biggest economic impact of any crew that we had in the whole six years I lived there.

I am not going to say that everyone on either side had all of their teeth though.

Anyway, I was trying to say that your pleading poverty for the Sooners fans was surprising.

Comment

Considering how well Oklahoma usually shows up for BCS games, I am sure it will be great.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Considering how well Oklahoma usually shows up for BCS games, I am sure it will be great.
                          Win or lose, it *is* great to make the BCS games. But then I imagine you wouldn't know much about that.

Comment

Win or lose, it *is* great to make the BCS games. But then I imagine you wouldn't know much about that.
                            Well I know what it is like to get blown out by USC, and lose to Boise. I doubt it is that much more fun on Jan 1.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Well I know what it is like to get blown out by USC, and lose to Boise. I doubt it is that much more fun on Jan 1.
                              OOoh, no he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X