PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Florida is going to be a fun game

Hot Lunch
12-06-2008, 07:55 PM
to watch. The past 2 years I wasn't excited about watching the National Championship game. Something about it having Ohio St. there just made things not as interesting. Florida/OU should be a great game. I think right now if Percy Harvin is back that Florida has the edge and will be the favorite. I may be wrong though. IMO they have a better D but it will not be an easy task slowing down the Sooner O. Hopefully Demarco Murray will be o.k. for the game. Should be fun.

GO SOONERS.

Hot Lunch
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
And watch this not be the match up in the Championship game. If so, please disregard this thread.

Babs
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I tend to agree with you. If it's Florida-Oklahoma, what it will come down to is that their D will be able to slow Sam, but ours won't be able to stop Tim. I also anticipate Florida having the home-crowd advantage. On top of the fact that the game is, you know, in Florida, Sooner fans have pretty much given up traveling to bowl games.

Hot Lunch
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Sooner fans have pretty much given up traveling to bowl games.

You don't think they will travel for this one? I guess if they aren't going to travel to this one they aren't go to travel to any of them.

TripletDaddy
12-06-2008, 09:56 PM
BG, what is your honest take? Do you really think Oklahoma will have a chance?

I don't see this as a close game. Oklahoma's D is too suspect.

New Mexican Disaster
12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I think Oklahoma will win. There offense is truly unstoppable and I think Bama showed that Florida is stoppable, even without turnovers that Oklahoma seems to inevitably create.

Babs
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
BG, what is your honest take? Do you really think Oklahoma will have a chance?

I don't see this as a close game. Oklahoma's D is too suspect.

That's what I said. Sooners' D is too banged up. And even at their best they're shaky. They won't be able to stop Tim.

OTOH, Florida doesn't look to have much of a D, either.

HotLunch, after four BCS bowl losses in a row, a lot of Sooner fans are a little reluctant to shell out the dough. Oklahoma's not exactly an affluent alumni base.

DrumNFeather
12-06-2008, 10:19 PM
And watch this not be the match up in the Championship game. If so, please disregard this thread.

Haha...yeah, that Texas/USC match up in the NC will be a classic! :)

New Mexican Disaster
12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Oklahoma's not exactly an affluent alumni base.

You think? I bet they are at least as affluent as Bama's and I bet there are more of them. Are you one yourself?

Babs
12-06-2008, 10:31 PM
You think? I bet they are at least as affluent as Bama's and I bet there are more of them. Are you one yourself?

I am indeed. I don't usually like to brag about my CV, but I have not one but TWO degrees from that hallowed and venerable institution.

I don't know what Alabama has to do with it, though. Alabama's fans only need fifty bucks for a tank of gas to drive across the border to the Sugar Bowl. The Sooners are likely playing 1200 miles from home.

New Mexican Disaster
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I am indeed. I don't usually like to brag about my CV, but I have not one but TWO degrees from that hallowed and venerable institution.

I don't know what Alabama has to do with it, though. Alabama's fans only need fifty bucks for a tank of gas to drive across the border to the Sugar Bowl. The Sooners are likely playing 1200 miles from home.

I have Bama on my CV so they are always pertinent to me. And if I recall correctly when ya'll came down to T-Town to eke out a win, you came out in the greatest force and threw around the biggest economic impact of any crew that we had in the whole six years I lived there.

I am not going to say that everyone on either side had all of their teeth though.

Anyway, I was trying to say that your pleading poverty for the Sooners fans was surprising.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Considering how well Oklahoma usually shows up for BCS games, I am sure it will be great.

Babs
12-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Considering how well Oklahoma usually shows up for BCS games, I am sure it will be great.

Win or lose, it *is* great to make the BCS games. But then I imagine you wouldn't know much about that.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Win or lose, it *is* great to make the BCS games. But then I imagine you wouldn't know much about that.

Well I know what it is like to get blown out by USC, and lose to Boise. I doubt it is that much more fun on Jan 1.

New Mexican Disaster
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Well I know what it is like to get blown out by USC, and lose to Boise. I doubt it is that much more fun on Jan 1.

OOoh, no he didn't.

Babs
12-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Oh, but it's all about the journey that got you to the BCS in the first place. Nine 10-win seasons, six conference titles, the highest winning percentage of any team in the 21st century, only team ever to score 700 points in a season...

Choke on the big stage? Big deal. When you're Oklahoma, there's always something to take pride in, and there's always another national title around the corner.

TripletDaddy
12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh, but it's all about the journey that got you to the BCS in the first place. Nine 10-win seasons, six conference titles, the highest winning percentage of any team in the 21st century, only team ever to score 700 points in a season...

Choke on the big stage? Big deal. When you're Oklahoma, there's always something to take pride in, and there's always another national title around the corner.

Yawn. Stop bragging about OU!

PS Congratulations, USC!

A record 7 straight Pac10 titles.
A record 7 straight BCS bowls
A record 7 straight 11-win seasons.
A record 5-1 win percentage in the BCS, including 2 national championships and a 3rd national championship game.
And on Jan 1, a record 7 straight Top 4 finishes.

Babs
12-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Yawn. Stop bragging about OU!

PS Congratulations, USC!

A record 7 straight Pac10 titles.
A record 7 straight BCS bowls
A record 7 straight 11-win seasons.

Yeah but you play in a chump conference. oooooh, repeat conference champs of the Pac-10. THERE's something to brag about.

TripletDaddy
12-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah but you play in a chump conference. oooooh, repeat conference champs of the Pac-10. THERE's something to brag about.

I will admit, Missouri looked very good last night. Nice job, Sooners!

Both conferences finished with 5 teams that had losing records. Also, we could analyze the awesome non conference teams that OU generally plays (the yankees.....are ....in...chattanooga!)

In the BCS bowls, you don't play your own conference. You play the alleged best of the best. Some teams chOUke repeatedly, some rise to the moment.

Babs
12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I will admit, Missouri looked very good last night. Nice job, Sooners!

Both conferences finished with 5 teams that had losing records. Also, we could analyze the awesome non conference teams that OU generally plays (the yankees.....are ....in...chattanooga!)

In the BCS bowls, you don't play your own conference. You play the alleged best of the best. Some teams chOUke repeatedly, some rise to the moment.

No dice, hotstuff.

I already admitted Oklahoma chokes in the big bowl games. As to your other points:

Conferences? Yeah, right. You know how many Pac-10 teams, other than USC, have finished in the BCS top five during USC's reign over the conference? One, Oregon in 2005. Big 12, other than Oklahoma? Four. It's a bit more impressive to win a conference when there's actually, you know, competition.

And non-conference games? This year Oklahoma played two that are currently ranked in the top twelve. And USC played....Notre Dame? Great win there, Trojans. Fight on.

New Mexican Disaster
12-07-2008, 09:59 AM
No dice, hotstuff.

I already admitted Oklahoma chokes in the big bowl games. As to your other points:

Conferences? Yeah, right. You know how many Pac-10 teams, other than USC, have finished in the BCS top five during USC's reign over the conference? One, Oregon in 2005. Big 12, other than Oklahoma? Four. It's a bit more impressive to win a conference when there's actually, you know, competition.

And non-conference games? This year Oklahoma played two that are currently ranked in the top twelve. And USC played....Notre Dame? Great win there, Trojans. Fight on.

Don't forget Ohio State for the Trojans this year.

TripletDaddy
12-07-2008, 10:07 AM
No dice, hotstuff.

BG, stop trying to distract me by using your rock-hard abs. I'm not swayed as easily as Kirk Herbstreit. And your sexiness, while compelling, is only serving to undermine your argument here.

Wait. i forgot what I was even talking about.

Curse you and your low-temperature tank top!

TripletDaddy
12-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Don't forget Ohio State for the Trojans this year.

She purposely did that. The little vixen.

Babs
12-07-2008, 10:38 AM
BG, stop trying to distract me by using your rock-hard abs. I'm not swayed as easily as Kirk Herbstreit. And your sexiness, while compelling, is only serving to undermine your argument here.

Wait. i forgot what I was even talking about.

Curse you and your low-temperature tank top!

See!!! That's what I hate most about USC fans. Give them enough time and it always comes back to the tight sweaters.

And I refuse to be pacified by your oh-so-subtle attempts at flattery. Nope. That kind of thing may work on those plasticky SoCal girls, but we Klaihoms is smart stuff. Nosirree. You knocked my school and I won't forget it.**

** Although I do reserve the right to be conspicuously absent the second week of January, 2009.