I am living right, Dallas trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am living right, Dallas trip

We were flying into Oklahoma City and driving to Dallas. Our return flight was cancelled and we were put on a flight coming back at 8 in the morning.

My brother who is awesome at this kind of stuff got them to change that and now we are coming back on a direct flight from Dallas. No extra charge.

Now we can play golf Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Since we are out of the state of Utah, golf on Sunday is OK.

As of now, how many from CUF are planning on being at the game?

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    We were flying into Oklahoma City and driving to Dallas. Our return flight was cancelled and we were put on a flight coming back at 8 in the morning.

My brother who is awesome at this kind of stuff got them to change that and now we are coming back on a direct flight from Dallas. No extra charge.

Now we can play golf Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Since we are out of the state of Utah, golf on Sunday is OK.

I used to work with a gal who was not LDS. A guy from our Vernal office came in and was talking about going on a trip to California, how much fun he was going to have, etc. and during the discussion threw in something about getting a "word of wisdom waiver" so that he could drink on the trip. He explained to her that since he was leaving the state, he was able to apply for one of these from the Bishop.

Being that she was blonde in everything but hair color, she ate it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I used to work with a gal who was not LDS. A guy from our Vernal office came in and was talking about going on a trip to California, how much fun he was going to have, etc. and during the discussion threw in something about getting a "word of wisdom waiver" so that he could drink on the trip. He explained to her that since he was leaving the state, he was able to apply for one of these from the Bishop.

Being that she was blonde in everything but hair color, she ate it all up.
      It is an old joke, but still one my buddies and I use. Especially on our golf trips to Nevada. We don't mention it in front of anyones wife. They don't seem to get the joke.

Comment

I should have been more humble about living right.

Instead of renting a van in OKlahoma and returning it to Oklahoma, I will rent the van in Oklahoma and return it to DFW. The price has gone from $50 to $200 a day. I am sure I can get it down to $150, at least I hope, but that is still $100 more a day.

Note: No one repsonded about being at the game. Should I take that as you don't want me to look you up.

Comment

Instead of renting a van in OKlahoma and returning it to Oklahoma, I will rent the van in Oklahoma and return it to DFW. The price has gone from $50 to $200 a day. I am sure I can get it down to $150, at least I hope, but that is still $100 more a day.

Note: No one repsonded about being at the game. Should I take that as you don't want me to look you up.
          Take it to the BLUE RIVER SHOOTouT thread if you want any serious discussion on this topic.

Also, instead of renting a car for $200 a day, why not adjust your flight?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Take it to the BLUE RIVER SHOOTouT thread if you want any serious discussion on this topic.

Also, instead of renting a car for $200 a day, why not adjust your flight?
            The only flight available is at 8 in the morning meaning we would have to get up around 3 am to drive up to Okl. I really thought this would be great getting a direct flight back out of Dallas.

Oh well, it should be a lot of fun.

Comment

This is what happens when you gloat about living right and then in the same post divulge your plans to golf on Sunday. He giveth and taketh away!
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                This is what happens when you gloat about living right and then in the same post divulge your plans to golf on Sunday. He giveth and taketh away!
                LOL, I am tired of gloating and getting knocked on my butt five minutes later.

I was bragging Weds. to a guy in the office about some of my great trades. Yesterday and today, taketh away showed up. I am glad I don't have a wife, kids or a dog at home.

Comment

Instead of renting a van in OKlahoma and returning it to Oklahoma, I will rent the van in Oklahoma and return it to DFW. The price has gone from $50 to $200 a day.
                  wow. If only you knew somebody from Oklahoma City that could drive the car back to OKC for you!

As far as nobody responding to your question about attending: I get the impression from asking around that an awful lot of people's plans are still in flux. I think that accounts for the reticence. Well that, and the guys are afraid that if you meet up their wives will see them staring at your gf's smile the whole time.

Comment

Both myself and Mrs. Hot Lunch will be there.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucko View Post
                        I should be there.
                        I would love to be on the same flight as you and see who sits next to you this time.

Comment

Hmm. This image for this forum and a golfer putting for CB 71? Quite a change! Or do you just assume that the posters here are more mature and your sig pic won't cause honor code violations?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 61_Shasta View Post
                            Hmm. This image for this forum and a golfer putting for CB 71? Quite a change! Or do you just assume that the posters here are more mature and your sig pic won't cause honor code violations?

LOL
                            Welcome to CUF.

Lay off the drugs.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 61_Shasta View Post

LOL
                              The real truth is someone else on here had her as an Icon. Can't remember who, but it was a Ute fan. He changed his ICON quite often. I found this gal truly beautiful in every sense of the word. If she didn't have that awesome smile, I wouldn't be using her as an Icon.

In a way it is also aa strike against folks who I consider "fundamentalists". A long time ago I posted about a good buddy whose daughter was turned down by BYU for grades who has turned out to be a very successful gal. Cheerleader at SDSU. In a couple of movies, one of them Titanic and for those who are believers, she married an RM in the Temple.

In the post I mentioned she was a Cheerleader for the chargers. Much to my chagrin I got some responses that she should read, "cousel to the youth" or some such pamphlet. My ICON is an in your face to fundamentalists everywhere who can't see the beauty in this young lady. No, that isn't my friends daughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X