Jake Heaps may (or may not) be the Savior of BYU Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Heaps may (or may not) be the Savior of BYU Football

but at least he won't be stealing our wives and girlfriends.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Originally posted by falafel View Post

He will only ensnare the spiritual ones
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Heap's problem with the gals won't be because of his looks. He is going to run right smack into the middle of "I will only marry a RM" land.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Ty Detmer was semi-retarded and Fugly and the sweet spirits still loved him. I assume young Mr. Heaps will do just fine. Plus unlike LDS kids who play for Utah, he doesn't have that pesky mission to get in the way of his levi lovin.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Heap's problem with the gals won't be because of his looks. He is going to run right smack into the middle of "I will only marry a RM" land.
          Do you think that will make him reconsider that decision? Otherwise, his publicist could scour the personal ads for him.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Au contraire. If he lives up to even half the hype, I think he (and you) will be shocked as just how many girls (and their fathers) are willing to overlook the no mission thing. If he were a regular Joe or a scout teamer, then I'd agree with you.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Do you think that will make him reconsider that decision? Otherwise, his publicist could scour the personal ads for him.
              You mean his decision to go to BYU or his decision to go on a mission. Maybe some pretty young thing will insist he goes on a mission and the spirit touches him.

I have told the story before, but it is a good one. One of my frat brothers up at USU was so in love with a girl. She told him she loved him too, wanted to marry him, but he needed to serve the Lord first. He finally relented and went.

She, a year later married one of my other frat. brothers. A nice catholic boy.

Comment

I think it will be "I will only marry a RM or the savior of BYU football"
                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

You mean his decision to go to BYU or his decision to go on a mission. Maybe some pretty young thing will insist he goes on a mission and the spirit touches him.

I have told the story before, but it is a good one. One of my frat brothers up at USU was so in love with a girl. She told him she loved him too, wanted to marry him, but he needed to serve the Lord first. He finally relented and went.

She, a year later married one of my other frat. brothers. A nice catholic boy.
                  The decision to go on a mission.

What Fraternity are you a member of?

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                    I think it will be "I will only marry a RM or the savior of BYU football"
                    Let's see. RM or football star with money? RM or football star with money? RM or football star with money?

Well honey, we can both go on a mission together later in life I guess. So someday I will be married to a RM.

Comment

I've always been told playing football at BYU is the same as serving a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                        I've always been told playing football at BYU is the same as serving a mission.
                        But only if you bring the team important wins. Otherwise, you're a disappointment (to the team and to the Church).
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe some pretty young thing will insist he goes on a mission and the spirit touches him.

Maybe some pretty young thing insists on touching him and the spirit goes on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            The decision to go on a mission.

What Fraternity are you a member of?
                            I thought I answered this but can't see it.

Sigma Chi

Comment

I thought I answered this but can't see it.

Sigma Chi
                              I've got Sigma Chi roots at USU. My grandpa was the chapter president at one point up there. Don't worry, I wont' ask if you knew him. Can we be buddies? I'm almost like a legacy!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X