Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon

I just read that Oregon's kicker is transferring. Making him the 9th player to leave the program this offseason.

What the heck is going on up there?
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I know they kept the coaching change in-house (Belotti to Kelly, the former OC), but can this be chalked up to normal turnover between regimes?

For some reason, I don't see this game being close. Either Utah will weather the early storm and run away with it in the 2nd half, or Oregon will have their way with us and win comfortably.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I am hoping that a lot of it is just a new coach and typical stuff. One of the guys left because Kelly fired his dad who had been the WRs coach. Ropper left because the only way he was seeing the field is if the Masoli gets hurt. So those two are explainable, everything else does make me worry.

However until he proves otherwise I trust in Chip!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

It's normal for several players to leave a program when a new guy becomes the Head honcho. While it's true Chip Kelly has been in the program for a couple of years and isn't technically "new", still when a different boss takes the reigns changes happen.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I am hoping that a lot of it is just a new coach and typical stuff. One of the guys left because Kelly fired his dad who had been the WRs coach. Ropper left because the only way he was seeing the field is if the Masoli gets hurt. So those two are explainable, everything else does make me worry.

However until he proves otherwise I trust in Chip!
          How about y'all just try and keep a QB healthy long enough to beat Boise. I am generally a Duck fan as they've been one of the few teams to continue playing us, but if I have to listen to Boise fan because you lose, well I won't take that well.

Comment

I think the Utes are going to wax Oregon and then the whole nation will be abuzz about seventeen straight including the SUGAR BOWL blowout and whether this time the Utes will belong in the "NC" game if they win out.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I think the Utes are going to wax Oregon and then the whole nation will be abuzz about seventeen straight including the SUGAR BOWL blowout and whether this time the Utes will belong in the "NC" game if they win out.
              I, too, think Utah wins this game. I was among the few BYU fans who predicted a win at Michigan last year, and I think they'll do it again in Eugene this year (albeit in a much less spectacular forum).
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                How about y'all just try and keep a QB healthy long enough to beat Boise. I am generally a Duck fan as they've been one of the few teams to continue playing us, but if I have to listen to Boise fan because you lose, well I won't take that well.
                Boise fans love nothing more than to gloat, them beating Oregon on their abomination of field turf would get them back to gloating again.
                "There's no such thing as someone who used to be a Raider fan. You either still are or you never were."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  I, too, think Utah wins this game. I was among the few BYU fans who predicted a win at Michigan last year, and I think they'll do it again in Eugene this year (albeit in a much less spectacular forum).
                  I predicted a win at Michigan mostly because Coach Rod didn't have the kind of pieces in place to run his kind of offense, and Utah was returning a seasoned QB who knew what he was doing and a good defense teeing off on a bunch of kids that were mostly poor fits for the Coach Rod offense. I still don't understand, unless it's out of sheer hatred why most BYU fans couldn't see that one coming.

I don't see Utah beating Oregon though with a new starter (albeit his 3rd game) at QB in that kind of environment. I know Kellen Moore did it for Boise last year,,,but Oregon will have been coming off of 2 games against Boise State and Purdue.....if they lose at Boise...I think Utah is especially in trouble up at Autzen.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderUte View Post
                    Boise fans love nothing more than to gloat, them beating Oregon on their abomination of field turf would get them back to gloating again.
                    Can Boise cheap shot 5 Oregon QB's out of the game like last year? That will be the answer to see who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Wait, THE Sugar Bowl?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Wait, THE Sugar Bowl?
                        its similar to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                          Can Boise cheap shot 5 Oregon QB's out of the game like last year? That will be the answer to see who wins.
                          Since the game is being played here, I almost expect them to get away with something. What that will be, I don't know.
                          "There's no such thing as someone who used to be a Raider fan. You either still are or you never were."

Comment

Utes win 27-24. Our run defense should be top notch and hold us in the game. I do agree that if they lose to BSU, we could be in trouble.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                            X