d tackle help for this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d tackle help for this year

Any updates on byu looking through the leftover juco pile for help? Does the internet legend of mike sua offer any legit hope?

As of now these are the options:

Rick Wolfley
    Tevita Hola

and 2 incoming Freshman have been told they'll be switching to get a chance to get early PT on the D-line....Houston Reynolds and Ryan Mulitalo...both of which played both ways in High School.

There might be a JUCO guy still coming in, but not sure who.

Romney Fuga is another possibility, but he just barely got home from his mission and I'd honestly be shocked if he made any contribution this season.
    Last edited by RockyBalboa; 07-08-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I would guess that they are running out of time on the JUCO route. We have had pretty good luck with freshmen D-linemen the past few years - hopefully we'll be OK again this year. There always seems to be a surprise on the D-line every year when some kid steps up.

Comment

I would think D-tackle is the one position that is more about physical attributes than experience, and is therefore the one position where an incoming freshman is most likely to be successful.

In other words, if there is one position where lack of experienced options is not a huge blow, I would think it's at D-tackle, as long as there are several large and athletic options available.
        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
        X