Hmmm, not that glowing of a report - The Orrin Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, not that glowing of a report - The Orrin Bowl

This makes it appear that no one really cares, as if Hatch sat there alone holding his own hearing:

Utes Play Huskers in the Orrin Bowl
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Yeah, Stew Mandel was talking about this earlier today. He was pleased to point out he had predicted the whole thing would be a joke:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ing/index.html

Comment

Get 'em Orrin! The Utes will kill the Huskers.

Comment

Hatch was on Mike & Mike this morning talking about it. I thought he was a bit inarticulate, to tell the truth - kept saying it was "unfair" but didn't really elaborate. A few times he talked about the fact that he is absolutely convinced that it violates the Sherman Act (and, if so, treble damages should be making the BCS shake in its shoes) - but if it's so ironclad, why hasn't Shurtleff filed suit already?

Maybe only lawyer geek types actually care about the real law part of it. I don't know.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I dated a guy named Orrin for awhile. His proposals were about as well received as Hatch's.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            This makes it appear that no one really cares, as if Hatch sat there alone holding his own hearing:

Utes Play Huskers in the Orrin Bowl
            Is anyone really surprised by these developments? Most of the senators could care less. I think that these things reflect poorly on our conference and teams.

I hate when my 5 year old whines, and this comes across as whining.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Is anyone really surprised by these developments? Most of the senators could care less. I think that these things reflect poorly on our conference and teams.

It reminds me of a scene from A Few Good Men,

Jo: "Your Honor, we re-new our objection to Commander Stone's testimony, and ask that it be stricken from the record. And we further ask that the Court instruct the jury to lend no weight to this witness's testimony."

Judge: "The objection's overruled, counsel."
              Jo: "Sir, the defense strenuously objects and requests a meeting in chambers so that his honor might have an opportunity to hear discussion before ruling on the objection."
              Judge: "Noted. The witness is an expert and the court will hear his opinion!"
              Sam: "I strenuously object? Is that how it works? Objection. Overruled. No, no, no, no, I strenuously object. Oh, well if you strenuously object, let me take a moment to reconsider."
              JO: “I got it on the record.”

SAM: “You also got it in the jury's head that we're afraid of the doctor. You object once so they can hear you say he's not a criminologist. You keep after it and it looks like this great cross we did was just a bunch of fancy lawyer tricks. It's the difference between paper law and trial law!”

SAM: “Christ, you even had the Judge sayingStone was an expert!”

Comment

This was bad timing. Nobody cares right now. It can't be a one man show either. It is frustrating though that they'd waste so much time trying to rid baseball of steroids and not give this a sniff.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

There is a significant part of me that wants to scream that you can't have an equitable distribution of funds simply because the draw of the teams themselves is not equitable - and that's not solely related to football records. That's also related to things like alumni base and identification. Notre Dame can suck and still get huge numbers because of their religious tie - are you going to tell me that they should share their Catholic-derived funds? Might as well send part of my tithing check to fund strippers at booze-fueled parties at SDSU.

That such a position largely comes from the same people who rail against the tax system as inequitable on the exact opposite argument is hilarious to me.

I recognize this is a statement against interest. But that's how I feel about the money arguments. About the competition arguments - well, that's a different story.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    This was bad timing. Nobody cares right now. It can't be a one man show either. It is frustrating though that they'd waste so much time trying to rid baseball of steroids and not give this a sniff.
                    Nice parallel. I agree with your point.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

That such hearings exist at all really tests my faith in democracy.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        That such hearings exist at all really tests my faith in democracy.
                        You should do a YouTube video using a table full of pennies to illustrate how much money Congress wastes on stuff like this.
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

This is, no doubt, what Parliament must have thought of the Continental Congress.
                          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                            This is, no doubt, what Parliament must have thought of the Continental Congress.
                            That's a realistic parallel

-Rick Majerus

Comment

That's a realistic parallel
                              Perhaps not, but where is the line between whining and protesting injustice?
                              Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                              Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                              Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X