Long Relay Runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Relay Runs

Any of you ever done one? I'm signed up for Hood To Coast. Do you have any training or run time suggestions?
    This space is available.

Originally posted by Mr Incredible View Post
    Any of you ever done one? I'm signed up for Hood To Coast. Do you have any training or run time suggestions?
    I've done Ragnar twice now. TDirtbag has done it a few more times. Last year, I followed a half marathon training schedule; this year, I followed a 10K schedule. Something in between would be about right. Next time, I'll probably use it as a long run for the Bryce half marathon a month after.

BTW, Hood to Coast sounds awesome. I've heard great things about it, but haven't really looked at it. We've talked about doing it in the next few years. Is it a lottery to register?
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      I've done Ragnar twice now. TDirtbag has done it a few more times. Last year, I followed a half marathon training schedule; this year, I followed a 10K schedule. Something in between would be about right. Next time, I'll probably use it as a long run for the Bryce half marathon a month after.

BTW, Hood to Coast sounds awesome. I've heard great things about it, but haven't really looked at it. We've talked about doing it in the next few years. Is it a lottery to register?
      Yes, there is a lottery to register. It's limited to 1,000 teams. We have been trying to get a slot for a few years.
      This space is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Incredible View Post
        Mr. I just saw this thread. How did the HTC go for you? It is one the funnest things I have ever done related to running (other than the fact that I tore my soleus on the middle leg). I wish it wasn't so hard to get into. I have applied 3 times and only been accepted once. There are other smaller relay races, it would be a blast to put 1 or 2 CUF teams together.
        Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Mr. I just saw this thread. How did the HTC go for you? It is one the funnest things I have ever done related to running (other than tearing my soleus). I wish it wasn't so hard to get into. I have applied 3 times and only been accepted once. There are other smaller relay races, it would be a blast to put 1 or 2 CUF teams together.
          It was a lot of fun. I was disappointed in my performance on the second run (but that give me an excuse to tell people that my middle leg was the longest and hardest), so I'm motivated to do better next year. I hope our team gets in again. Running at 4 am into a gentle mist with a headlamp is an odd experience.
          This space is available.

Comment

Working...
          X