RT: Reynolds

Defense
    LE: Misi
    RE: Jorgensen
    DT: Shelby
    DT: Eliapo
    ROLB: Sylvester
    MLB: Bauman
    LOLB: Fotu (I'd keep him at OLB, despite the coaches playing him at end)
    CB: Stanford
    CB: Bradley
    SS: Dale
    FS: Robert Johnson

Special Teams
    P: Payne
    K: I like what I hear about the kid we have coming in August, Marsh, but I have no idea.
    KOS: Vroman

Feel free to talk me out of any of these picks. If I wanted to go 2-deep, there'd be questions at corner, but there'd be a ton of talent (if not experience) at WR, RB, LB, and on the d-line.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Looks pretty good except for Bauman. After seeing what I saw last year, I don't think that I could start Bauman out there.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Looks pretty good except for Bauman. After seeing what I saw last year, I don't think that I could start Bauman out there.
      Except in the Vegas bowl. The announcers were going nuts over Matt. I was just rolling my eyes.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Except in the Vegas bowl. The announcers were going nuts over Matt. I was just rolling my eyes.
        I know, I remember getting texts from some friends that felt the same way that I did. I was rolling my eyes as well when I read my buddies texts and when I re-watched the game.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Didn't we have a conversation about ESPN announcers yesterday?

I was at the Vegas Bowl and I don't recall seeing Bauman in on too many plays.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            I think he was trying to keep some semblance of balance between each team on the defense.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Ok, here we go.

I know Bronco has had a lot of success with 3 ten win season in a row, but I would worry that he's hit the ceiling. Sort of like Ron McBride, but with OOCs instead of shared titles. I know Kyle only has one OOC, but he's also go that BSC Bowl trophy. Whittingham might not have the consistent success of Bronco, but it looks like he can get us to a higher plain every once and awhile.

For OC, I don't want Anae because he won't commit to the run, even when its dominating. But Schramm is unproven at OC. If I could, I'd rather have someone from the past, even Andy Ludwig. Ludwig will make some play calls that will be mystifying, but I think he would be able to commit to the run.

Whittingham would be a great DC, he was for 10 years, but its a demotion even with the co-HC title. I'd rather have Whit as HC and Gary Anderson back at DC.

Hall has the experience to get the nod at QB, but he might lose the job to Louks, Cain, or Wynn before the season is over. It just depends on if he can overcome the problems he experienced against TCU and Utah. And because Oklahoma might kill him.

An Asiata/Unga backfield would be wicked.

I realize you wanted to pick a reciever from BYU, but with Jacobsen just off the mission, I think he might have a hard time competing with Aiona Key and Jerome Brooks for playing time.
              Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
              Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
              Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                Ok, here we go.

I know Bronco has had a lot of success with 3 ten win season in a row, but I would worry that he's hit the ceiling. Sort of like Ron McBride, but with OOCs instead of shared titles. I know Kyle only has one OOC, but he's also go that BSC Bowl trophy. Whittingham might not have the consistent success of Bronco, but it looks like he can get us to a higher plain every once and awhile.

For OC, I don't want Anae because he won't commit to the run, even when its dominating. But Schramm is unproven at OC. If I could, I'd rather have someone from the past, even Andy Ludwig. Ludwig will make some play calls that will be mystifying, but I think he would be able to commit to the run.

Whittingham would be a great DC, he was for 10 years, but its a demotion even with the co-HC title. I'd rather have Whit as HC and Gary Anderson back at DC.

Hall has the experience to get the nod at QB, but he might lose the job to Louks, Cain, or Wynn before the season is over. It just depends on if he can overcome the problems he experienced against TCU and Utah. And because Oklahoma might kill him.

I realize you wanted to pick a reciever from BYU, but with Jacobsen just off the mission, I think he might have a hard time competing with Aiona Key and Jerome Brooks for playing time.
                Very reasonable view. Not even a hint of bias in that response. Well done.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Didn't we have a conversation about ESPN announcers yesterday?

I was at the Vegas Bowl and I don't recall seeing Bauman in on too many plays.
                  Exactly. I was there too. It was almost scary how bad he was in that game. In fact, it may have been his worst game of the season - and that is saying something.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Ok, maybe just Wynn.
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      Very reasonable view. Not even a hint of bias in that response. Well done.
                      lol!

i was waiting for the demand that all games be played at RES.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        lol!

i was waiting for the demand that all games be played at RES.
                        Andy Ludwig over Anae was the best part!
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                          Ok, here we go.

It would be great if you could show just a small degree of impartiality when you come and post here. Most of the posters here have tried to get away from the us/them mantra. There are plenty of avenues to get that out if you wish: Uf.net, you could even go troll CB, they would really like you there.

I understand that you bleed red, see red, believe in red, but you make an ass of yourself when you don't think in black and white every now and then.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            It would be great if you could show just a small degree of impartiality when you come and post here. Most of the posters here have tried to get away from the us/them mantra. There are plenty of avenues to get that out if you wish: Uf.net, you could even go troll CB, they would really like you there.

I understand that you bleed red, see red, believe in red, but you make an ass of yourself when you don't think in black and white every now and then.
                            He couldn't even get the acronyms right. What the hell is an OOC? BSC?

Comment

I think I would put Brett Denney on that squad no questions asked... and Clawson over Bauman
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X