PDA

View Full Version : Ball State turns down Humanitarian Bowl vs BSU

SteelBlue
12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ballst120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Is this old news?

il Padrino Ute
12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ballst120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Is this old news?

I heard about it yesterday. It kind of made me chuckle for two reasons:

Ball State having the audacity to turn down a bowl game.

and

How bad is the perception of your bowl when Ball State turns you down?

CJF
12-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I heard about it yesterday. It kind of made me chuckle for two reasons:

Ball State having the audacity to turn down a bowl game.

and

How bad is the perception of your bowl when Ball State turns you down?

If I'm Ball State I turn that down too. The Motor City is much closer, pays as well, and you don't play an undefeated BSU team on their home field in late December. Pretty much a no brainer in my opinion.

cougjunkie
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
If I'm Ball State I turn that down too. The Motor City is much closer, pays as well, and you don't play an undefeated BSU team on their home field in late December. Pretty much a no brainer in my opinion.

Except for the fact that Ball State is bitching about the BCS. You have your chance to make a statement as a legit team and you turn it down. Sounds like they are a bunch of pussies and would rather gripe about it then do something.

beelzebabette
12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Except for the fact that Ball State is bitching about the BCS. You have your chance to make a statement as a legit team and you turn it down. Sounds like they are a bunch of pussies and would rather gripe about it then do something.

Why didn't Boise State have to give anything in the negotiations? I thought it was a lame article for lambasting Ball State without calling for the WAC to give anything. I can't believe that the Humanitarian Bowl was seriously the only option for a matchup.

Donuthole
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Lose-Lose situation for Ball State, IMO. If they go to the Humanitarian bowl and beat Boise State, everybody says "yeah, but Boise State wasn't even the best mid-major, and they play in the WAC."

On the other hand, if they lose to Boise, it would merely justify that they didn't deserve BCS consideration in the first place. Very few would even consider or realize that the game is essentially a home game for Boise.

il Padrino Ute
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM

I agree. Ball State did what it did in it's own best interest.

I just think it's amusing that Ball State basically told Boise State to stick it.

Surfah
12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I love that Ball State turns down the bowl and then gets blasted by Buffalo the next day in the MAC championship.