Where do you get your fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your fuel?

I am looking at buying some Gels and maybe some drink powder and was wondering if anyone else buys online and where they get it.

The best prices I have found are at http://www.all3sports.com and their gel assortment pack seems like it would be good to see which ones I like best, but their shipping is brutal.

Performance Bike seems to that the second best prices.

I may try this place out as well: http://www.allstarhealth.com

Prices at the local running shop and bike shop are so marked up that even with shipping I can get it cheaper online.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I am looking at buying some Gels and maybe some drink powder and was wondering if anyone else buys online and where they get it.

The best prices I have found are at http://www.all3sports.com and their gel assortment pack seems like it would be good to see which ones I like best, but their shipping is brutal.

Performance Bike seems to that the second best prices.

I may try this place out as well: http://www.allstarhealth.com

Prices at the local running shop and bike shop are so marked up that even with shipping I can get it cheaper online.
    That's a killer deal, even after you throw out the 6 Clif shots, which are just nasty. Thanks for the tip.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      That's a killer deal, even after you throw out the 6 Clif shots, which are just nasty. Thanks for the tip.
      Send em my way if you are just gonna toss em. I am no respecter of gels.

Comment

And this brings up the bigger question; What gels do people prefer? I bought a Hammer Gel and a GU today for my wife who will be doing some longer runs coming up here.

I like Cliff Sht blocks, but only on the bike. I can't imagine trying to chew those things down on a run.

Comment

And this brings up the bigger question; What gels do people prefer? I bought a Hammer Gel and a GU today for my wife who will be doing some longer runs coming up here.

I like Cliff Sht blocks, but only on the bike. I can't imagine trying to chew those things down on a run.
          I can't do the shot blocks when running either. You wouldn't think it's hard but it throws off my rhythm. Plus, they're nasty.

I'm not really picky as far as the others go. Gu's are probably my favorites. I've had Hammer Gels that have come in the free swag from races and I remember liking them, but no one sells them around here. I like Power Gels too, and they're probably the easiest to find, so I get more of them than anything else. I hadn't even thought to order them online.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I prefer Hammer gel to Gu. Flavor-wise.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Try JensonUSA.com. I put a handful of things in my shopping cart there and all3sports.com, and Jenson was cheaper when you added in shipping. Plus, there was greater selection at Jenson.

I prefer GU for Gels, but I really like Clif Luna Sport Chews. They taste loads better than the Clif Shot Bloks.

Comment

I prefer the powerbar gels, the Gu gels are too thick for my taste while I am running. They don't last long on the shelves, but I normally grab mine at walmart for $.96.each.
                "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

I prefer steel cut oats in ziploc baggies. Real cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    I prefer steel cut oats in ziploc baggies. Real cheap.
                    Yeah but when you drink afterwards, they'll expand and explode your stomach.
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Hamer Gel Apple Cinnamon - it's like candy.

Comment

Not sure what gels they might have, but I've had good luck with vitacost.com. Some of the better prices I've seen for protein shakes, etc.

Comment

Yeah but when you drink afterwards, they'll expand and explode your stomach.
                          You gotta live on the edge, man. The key is to get your bloat going right before the end, to help expand over the finish line.

Comment

I walk into REI, and I see these gels, and I wonder to myself, who the hell are these things for??

Long distance runners? Triathlon athletes? Who buys these things?

Apparently everyone buys them. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              I walk into REI, and I see these gels, and I wonder to myself, who the hell are these things for??

Long distance runners? Triathlon athletes? Who buys these things?

Apparently everyone buys them. Why?
                              For me, races or training runs that last longer than an hour.
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                              X