The Ultimate Fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Fighter

For those who are following this, what do you think of the current crop?

I think that Phillipe Nover is the real deal. I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy on TUF who has as complete of a skill set as he does. I do think that Escudero is going to give him a good fight, however. I think Escudero is also a guy with a career in UFC and he has just been a bit overshadowed.

Vinny Magalhaes is maybe the most intriguing guy to me. I think he is going to submit Bader in the first round. I can't think of anyone in the light heavyweight division that has the jits this guy has. I'm not sure there is a fighter in the UFC that has the jits this guy does. He is going to have to develop better striking at the next level because as well all know the other world class jits guys and grapplers aren't going to let you take them down before you soften them up with some good striking. But his jits is so far above most people that he will face that once it is on the ground I like him against any light heavyweight I can think of except maybe the Spider. It will be interesting to see if he can become more complete. If he can I think he will wear the belt in that weight class at some point.

Oh and by the way, has there ever been anything more fun than watching Junie Brown get submitted?

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    For those who are following this, what do you think of the current crop?

I think that Phillipe Nover is the real deal. I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy on TUF who has as complete of a skill set as he does. I do think that Escudero is going to give him a good fight, however. I think Escudero is also a guy with a career in UFC and he has just been a bit overshadowed.

Vinny Magalhaes is maybe the most intriguing guy to me. I think he is going to submit Bader in the first round. I can't think of anyone in the light heavyweight division that has the jits this guy has. I'm not sure there is a fighter in the UFC that has the jits this guy does. He is going to have to develop better striking at the next level because as well all know the other world class jits guys and grapplers aren't going to let you take them down before you soften them up with some good striking. But his jits is so far above most people that he will face that once it is on the ground I like him against any light heavyweight I can think of except maybe the Spider. It will be interesting to see if he can become more complete. If he can I think he will wear the belt in that weight class at some point.

Oh and by the way, has there ever been anything more fun than watching Junie Brown get submitted?
    Junie Browning is a bitch and I loved watching that head case lose. Also Phillipe is sick that guy is going to be unbelievable, but I also think that Vinny will have a nice future in the UFC.

Did you watch Miguel Torres vs Manny Tapia last night? Torres is sick.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Crap CJ, you need to tell us which fights are worth watching. I saw the advertisement for that fight and just assumed they were a couple of nobodies, so I decided not to watch.

You have responsibilities, man! c'mon
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Junie Browning is a bitch and I loved watching that head case lose. Also Phillipe is sick that guy is going to be unbelievable, but I also think that Vinny will have a nice future in the UFC.

I rarely if ever watch WEC. Do you think there is enough talent out there for UFC to add a bantam class? Why dont they just merge?

Comment

I missed that fight. But Miguel Torres is one Dirty Sanchez meaning the guy is sick.

Phillipe I think will be the best fighter TUF has ever produced. Better than Forrest Griffin even when all is said and done.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

I rarely if ever watch WEC. Do you think there is enough talent out there for UFC to add a bantam class? Why dont they just merge?
            The UFC did merge all of the heavier weights. Right now the WEC is strictly 170 and below. The UFC owns the WEC, I think at first the UFC liked having the "farm system" but now the WEC is taking on a life of its own and has its own fan base so they are going to run with that for a while. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Torres or Faber on a UFC undercard in the future.

Miguel Torres is now 35-1 and has not lost in over 5 years. He completely dismantled an undefeated Tapia last night. I would love to see a Miguel Torres vs Urijah Faber fight at a catch weight like 140.

Also some talk of a Miguel Torres vs Floyd Mayweather MMA fight.
            *Banned*

Comment

I haven't seen much of this season, but I like the matchup between Vinny & Bader; should be a good fight.

I'm going to have fun following Nover's career, the kid is nasty!

Why are they allowing the biggest douche a spot on the main card? I hoped that last night was the last time I would see Junie's sorry ass on TV.

Torres is sick. CJ, did you read that Tapia thought the ref stopped the fight too early.....lol!

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                I haven't seen much of this season, but I like the matchup between Vinny & Bader; should be a good fight.

I'm going to have fun following Nover's career, the kid is nasty!

Why are they allowing the biggest douche a spot on the main card? I hoped that last night was the last time I would see Junie's sorry ass on TV.

Torres is sick. CJ, did you read that Tapia thought the ref stopped the fight too early.....lol!
                When I saw the fights on the main card and I saw Junies name I was disappointed I hope Kaplan kicks his ass, it is all for strictly ratings.

Tapia is an idiot, I actually was thinking what is this ref doing Tapia is going to get killed. His face was a bloody mess.

When Torres steps in to the ring you can literally see him hit that switch, that guy is all business and is one of the baddest men on the planet. Frank Mir called him the best pound for pound fighter in the world last night.
                *Banned*

Comment

When I saw the fights on the main card and I saw Junies name I was disappointed I hope Kaplan kicks his ass, it is all for strictly ratings.

Tapia is an idiot, I actually was thinking what is this ref doing Tapia is going to get killed. His face was a bloody mess.

When Torres steps in to the ring you can literally see him hit that switch, that guy is all business and is one of the baddest men on the planet. Frank Mir called him the best pound for pound fighter in the world last night.
                  Which reminds me that Mir looks a lot less like and idiot since Noguerra shaved his head. I have become much less of a Mir fan over the season. He is arrogant but I think he is going to beat Noguerra. The we can look forward to Lesnar finishing what he started with Frank.

Lesnar v. Fedor! Make it happen!

Comment

Which reminds me that Mir looks a lot less like and idiot since Noguerra shaved his head. I have become much less of a Mir fan over the season. He is arrogant but I think he is going to beat Noguerra. The we can look forward to Lesnar finishing what he started with Frank.

Lesnar v. Fedor! Make it happen!
                    In what way do you see Mir beating Nog...KO, Sub, or Decision?

Comment

In what way do you see Mir beating Nog...KO, Sub, or Decision?
                      Well for starters Minotauro is never going to tap. I think Mir is going to be on top of him for a lot of the fight, but Nog has a good chin and is good off his back. So like I say, Mir on top a lot but not doing tremendous damage. Nog is going to get in his shots in the stand up but I give the advantage to Mir there. My prediction is a decision with Nog fighting well enough to sway one judge his direction.

How do you see it unfolding?

Comment

Well for starters Minotauro is never going to tap. I think Mir is going to be on top of him for a lot of the fight, but Nog has a good chin and is good off his back. So like I say, Mir on top a lot but not doing tremendous damage. Nog is going to get in his shots in the stand up but I give the advantage to Mir there. My prediction is a decision with Nog fighting well enough to sway one judge his direction.

How do you see it unfolding?
                        Does Mir have the gas to go 5 rounds? I don't think he does, but we'll see.

Here's how I see it: Mir putting on pressure in the first two rounds, then gassing. Nog via TKO in round 3 or 4. I'll be shocked if either fighter pulls off a sub.
                        Last edited by SipiTau; 12-04-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Here's how I see it: Mir putting on pressure in the first two rounds, then gassing. Nog via TKO in round 3 or 4. I'll be shocked if either fighter pulls off a sub.
                          I would be shocked by that too. I suppose it is a good question where Mir's cardio is. I have gotten convinced that this is a new Frank Mir but you could be right.

Comment

I think Nog has better stand up than Mir, and Nog is better off his back. But Mir is also a witch on the ground in fact they both are, I dont see either one making a mistake. I also agree that Franks conditioning is also a question mark, in fact I know he probably hadnt started training camp yet for this fight but did you see him last night with his shirt off? He had a serious pot belly.

I expect Nog to win with strikes in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                            *Banned*

Comment

I think Nog has better stand up than Mir, and Nog is better off his back. But Mir is also a witch on the ground in fact they both are, I dont see either one making a mistake. I also agree that Franks conditioning is also a question mark, in fact I know he probably hadnt started training camp yet for this fight but did you see him last night with his shirt off? He had a serious pot belly.

I expect Nog to win with strikes in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                              My quibble with this is that I have never been impressed with Nogs striking power and Mir survived an onslaught of strikes from Lesnar and weathered the storm. Both great on the ground, but good chins. I think if it ends on strikes it will be going the other way but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X