The Dirty Dozen- Week 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dirty Dozen- Week 12

Corso, Herbie the love bug, and the rest of Gameday crew are descending upon Eugene for the 4th or 5th year in a row.

It's time to give HFN your suggestions for his gameday sign. I texted him my suggestion, several weeks ago- Hey Riley, Hoffman is still open. Unfortunately, it is a little dated, and nonsensical to 99% of the likely viewers.
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM.

I saw the college gameday bus drive by my office yesterday. Probably stopping for lunch at In-n-out or 5 Guys.

Comment

Does the SEC mandate that their member schools find the smallest, crappiest teams to play week 12? Wofford, Jacksonville St., Western Carolina, Georgis Southern and Sam Houston State are some of the Murderer's Row of opponents they play this week.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
        Does the SEC mandate that their member schools find the smallest, crappiest teams to play week 12? Wofford, Jacksonville St., Western Carolina, Georgis Southern and Sam Houston State are some of the Murderer's Row of opponents they play this week.
        Nice way to get a bye week down the stretch. In a few seasons maybe BYU can be that 1 and done bye week for SEC teams
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
          They start conference play a week or two earlier than most.

Jacksonville St can't let Florida hang around like ULL did last week.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Corso, Herbie the love bug, and the rest of Gameday crew are descending upon Eugene for the 4th or 5th year in a row.

It's time to give HFN your suggestions for his gameday sign. I texted him my suggestion, several weeks ago- Riley, Hoffman is still open. Unfortunately, it is a little dated, and nonsensical to 99% of the likely viewers.
            i suggest a picture of puddles the duck saying "BROOM BITCHES!!!!!"

Comment

USU at LaTech might be the best match-up of the week, and it's not even on TV.

USC/UCLA and Stanford/Oregon should be awesome, though.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                USU at LaTech might be the best match-up of the week, and it's not even on TV.

USC/UCLA and Stanford/Oregon should be awesome, though.
                USU - LaTech is on ESPN3 though. Interesting game for sure. BYU needs USU to win out to at least brag about one decent team we beat. Unless Georgia tech wins out in conference... and Miami drops another game in conference... and then GaTech upsets either FlaState or Clemson in the championship game and goes to the Orange Bowl... then the Jackets will be our signature win. It could happen right?
                Last edited by USUC; 11-16-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                  They start conference play a week or two earlier than most.

Jacksonville St can't let Florida hang around like ULL did last week.
                  LOL it has nothing to do with when they start conference play.

The SEC wisely plays 8 conference games, instead of 9. That allows the teams to have a late season "bye" week against an FCS team. It is an SEC tradition that is a decade or more old.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

I've got tickets to the Ole Miss @ LSU game. It's not an incredibly enticing matchup, but it's always fun to go to Baton Rouge for a game. Plus, the tickets were free. I'll post some pics from Death Valley.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      LOL it has nothing to do with when they start conference play.

The SEC wisely plays 8 conference games, instead of 9. That allows the teams to have a late season "bye" week against an FCS team. It is an SEC tradition that is a decade or more old.
                      The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it also has to do with the SEC "tradition" of playing very week OOC schedules in September. By moving a patsy back to November, they have a decent game against a fellow SEC opponent earlier in the season. So that impressive win over Georgia Southern gets pushed all the way back to week 12 and if the win doesn't end up all that impressive they still have 10 games in the book. It makes it harder for teams in other conferences to jump them in the polls in September.

The Big Ten plays an 8-conference schedule, and with very few exceptions, the 4 OOC games are all played in September.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                        The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it also has to do with the SEC "tradition" of playing very week OOC schedules in September. By moving a patsy back to November, they have a decent game against a fellow SEC opponent earlier in the season. So that impressive win over Georgia Southern gets pushed all the way back to week 12 and if the win doesn't end up all that impressive they still have 10 games in the book. It makes it harder for teams in other conferences to jump them in the polls in September.

The Big Ten plays an 8-conference schedule, and with very few exceptions, the 4 OOC games are all played in September.
                        It is no conspiracy, it is smart. I wish the P12 would copy.

Also FTR I'm very worried about tomorrow. Bad vibe in the air.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I've got tickets to the Ole Miss @ LSU game. It's not an incredibly enticing matchup, but it's always fun to go to Baton Rouge for a game. Plus, the tickets were free. I'll post some pics from Death Valley.
                          Very cool. There is nothing like going to a football game where you don't have a stake in the outcome but just get to enjoy the environment and tradition and people.

Comment

South Carolina tied with Wofford in the 4th quarter. Also, Florida really isn't as good as their record.

Comment

Go Buffs!
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X