Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could watch only one Utah football game this season, which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could watch only one Utah football game this season, which would it be?

poll
    Oregon
    21.95%
    Louisville
    0.00%
    TCU
    2.44%
    BYU
    63.41%
    Bowl game
    9.76%
    Other
    2.44%

I chose Oregon.

That's the game where U Nation comes back to earth after opening up against what should be relatively walk over wins against USU and SJSU.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
      I chose Oregon.

That's the game where U Nation comes back to earth after opening up against what should be relatively walk over wins against USU and SJSU.
      Wait, didn't someone on here say that SJSU is always competing with Boise St. for the WAC championship year in and year out?
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

How does Oregon's offense compare to last year? I am still impressed from watching them drop 65 on Oregon State, when the Beavers had won 8 of 9, had home field, and the mentality of win-this-game-and-we're-in-the-Rose-Bowl.

Sly and his "our defense is even better than last year" D will have their hands full with the best offense any of them have faced.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          How does Oregon's offense compare to last year? I am still impressed from watching them drop 65 on Oregon State, when the Beavers had won 8 of 9, had home field, and the mentality of win-this-game-and-we're-in-the-Rose-Bowl.

Sly and his "our defense is even better than last year" D will have their hands full with the best offense any of them have faced.
          Their QB Masoli returns which is always a good thing. He is very athletic, runs really well and throws a nice ball. Blount who is the running back basically split carries last year and a is big and fast and was 2nd Team All Pac 10 as well as a really good tight end return. I do think that they lost a couple of O lineman though. Can't remember the depth they have at Wide Out. Jason Williams is gone which in my mind is a good thing. They usually have really fast athletic Wide Outs that are not named Jason Williams though.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            Their QB Masoli returns which is always a good thing. He is very athletic, runs really well and throws a nice ball. Blount who is the running back basically split carries last year and a is big and fast and was 2nd Team All Pac 10 as well as a really good tight end return. I do think that they lost a couple of O lineman though. Can't remember the depth they have at Wide Out. Jason Williams is gone which in my mind is a good thing. They usually have really fast athletic Wide Outs that are not named Jason Williams though.
            they are missing a ton of their O-line. I think that game will come down to our offense vs. their defense however.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I chose Oregon.

Strangely, I picked this game as well, but I saw it as the game that will propel us to back-to-back undefeated seasons
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Wait, didn't someone on here say that SJSU is always competing with Boise St. for the WAC championship year in and year out?
                Wasn't me.

Comment

Oregon is the obvious pick, although there is some satisfaction in watching Kragthorpe continue to run Louisville into the ground.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Pretty good run down. There are a few options for WRs to pop out this year, Holland a USC transfer is the leading hype getter. Blount is a beast and is already being projected in some early 2010 mock drafts as a 1st rounder, he is a lot of fun to watch. Once a game or so he hurdles an unsuspecting defender and runs to pay dirt.

Oregon lost a ton on the OL and there is some concern there. I will say that at the spring game Masoli looked like he is a better passer than he ever showed last year and that could be a scary thing for defenses.

Not mentioned by HotLunch is Ed Dickson. A very good TE who was under utilized last year, and Chip Kelly has made many references to the fact that he will not be a forgotten man in the Oregon offense this year.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

I have to say "none" because I'm still a little 'stitious. And with Utah currently on a 14 game win streak, it seems to be working.

Back in 2007 I realized that Utah lost the games I was watched on TV and won the games I attended in person or listened to on the radio -- except for the BYU game, but maybe it wouldn't have been close if I watched on TV. I watched the first half of the bowl game against Navy and things didn't go very well.

Since then I haven't watched any games live and the Utes are undefeated.
                      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

If there's one thing I've learned this off-season is that Utah is at the point now where they simply re-load.

Comment

If there's one thing I've learned this off-season is that Utah is at the point now where they simply re-load.
                          Welcome to the club....need some red kool-aid?

-Rick Majerus

Comment

If there's one thing I've learned this offseason, it's that Utah is just a flash in the pan.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                            X