Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Annual CUF Alpine Loop - Roll Call (July 3rd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual CUF Alpine Loop - Roll Call (July 3rd)

Who's in?

I'll be there with bells on (and knife for tire slashing for those brazen enough for attempting any break-away runs).

My only suggestion is: reading the prior posts...some suggested going from "Chevron to Chevron" ...is it not better to climb first, then the miles on the flats vs. doing mileage on the flats and climb at the end.
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

I am still planning on it.

I think the Chevron to Chevron route means that we are starting at the Chevron at the base of Provo Canyon and will be going up.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

i am still in, hopefully. I am remodeling my new house but will be able to break away.

Jeff is right, we will start at the provo canyon chevron, that gives you a good warm up before you hit the wall turning to sundance.

Comment

There is no way that I could do that type of bike ride yet, so count me out.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

funk - you sir, obviously don't know who you are riding with. Come on out...you and I could hang.

Ok...what time? 7am? earlier?....later? What?
          "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Borg View Post
            funk - you sir, obviously don't know who you are riding with. Come on out...you and I could hang.

Ok...what time? 7am? earlier?....later? What?
            Originally we planned on 6 am. I would be fine with 7 am.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Originally we planned on 6 am. I would be fine with 7 am.
              Go at 6. You will avoid more traffic.

When I was a kid my uncle, who was an olympic quality amateur cyclist in the day, used to train by riding from his home in SLC to provo, up and over the alpine loop, back over the point of the mountain, up and down little cottonwood canyon and then back to his house. At the time our family car could barely make that drive.

There is a slim chance I will be in town for the 4th and, if so, I may try to join you on the 3rd, if that is ok. Odds are not too good, so don't plan on it, but there is a chance. This would be good for all of you, including Funk, as I would be the slowest over the top. Really.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Go at 6. You will avoid more traffic.

When I was a kid my uncle, who was an olympic quality amateur cyclist in the day, used to train by riding from his home in SLC to provo, up and over the alpine loop, back over the point of the mountain, up and down little cottonwood canyon and then back to his house. At the time our family car could barely make that drive.

There is a slim chance I will be in town for the 4th and, if so, I may try to join you on the 3rd, if that is ok. Odds are not too good, so don't plan on it, but there is a chance. This would be good for all of you, including Funk, as I would be the slowest over the top. Really.

Nice! hope you can make it.

Comment

No, no. We don't think you realize how badly we suck. It would be a blast, but really, you don't want us!
                  "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                    No, no. We don't think you realize how badly we suck. It would be a blast, but really, you don't want us!
                    Well then we will expect you both to show up in Tahoe. 77 miles really isn't that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                      You could always come and do part of the ride. I am not even sure I will do all of the ride if I am there. Try it and you might surprise yourself.

And showing up at tahoe is a good diea, btw. Make room for the funks!
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by The Borg View Post
                        says the guy who's done how many centuries already this season? good grief. cyclists are shameless.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          You could always come and do part of the ride. I am not even sure I will do all of the ride if I am there. Try it and you might surprise yourself.

And showing up at tahoe is a good diea, btw. Make room for the funks!
                          We're actually heading to my folks's for the 4th, but we'll talk about doing part of Tahoe (hopefully a downhill or relatively flat part!). Further, you all are going to laugh at our mountain bikes next to your slick road bikes. The whole business sounds like an exercise in humiliation.
                          "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

I will be rolling into town (well, actually Park City) with bikes in tow on the 3rd, but it will likely be closer to noon. Plus, its for a family reunion, so the chances of me sneaking away on our first day there are slim to none.

Once things have calmed down, my cousin will be taking me on a couple of rides the following Monday and Tuesday, probably up in either Park City or Heber. Anyone interested in joining should let me know. I think we are planning on mountain bikes, but a roadie is always a possibility. He is a very strong rider and knows the area very well. I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

It sounds like a blast, though. I wish I could make it.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                              I will be rolling into town (well, actually Park City) with bikes in tow on the 3rd...
                              I rather doubt I can fit a bike in my carry on, but I'll be at SLC international for three and a half hours on the Fourth. (Is it true you can see fireworks from an airplane? It's my only shot at a show this year.)

Comment

Working...
                              X