Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 ft nothin', 100 & nothin' & you got hardly a speck of athletic ability: Riley v ND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 ft nothin', 100 & nothin' & you got hardly a speck of athletic ability: Riley v ND

Go Cougars, Beat the Irish!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

I wish I was making this trip. Is the state fair just outside the stadium?
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      I wish I was making this trip. Is the state fair just outside the stadium?
      I will light a few candles at the grotto.

sigpic

Comment

Road trip

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I will be there with some old Jesuit classmates. Screw the Irish, go cougs!

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            I will be there with some old Jesuit classmates. Screw the Irish, go cougs!
            do you mean that your classmates have joined the Jesuit order, or did you all attend a Jesuit school?
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Where is everyone staying? We are staying in Chicago. Arriving Thursday for some food tourism. Yum!

sigpic

Comment

Spending Saturday night in Chicago. Trying to decide whether to spend Friday night in the same hotel or try to get closer to South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I will light a few candles at the grotto.
                  Does the grotto remain accessible after we're down 28?
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Spending Saturday night in Chicago. Trying to decide whether to spend Friday night in the same hotel or try to get closer to South Bend.
                    Have you been there before? It is a total dump once you leave campus. The only reason to go there early is to attend the Friday night pep rally, which is really cool.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Have you been there before? It is a total dump once you leave campus. The only reason to go there early is to attend the Friday night pep rally, which is really cool.
                      First time. Is the CFB Hall of Fame not worth it? Because we were thinking about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        Does the grotto remain accessible after we're down 28?
                        It never closes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          First time. Is the CFB Hall of Fame not worth it? Because we were thinking about that.
                          It is cool. Go to that on fri afternoon and stay for the pep rally. See how it is done rather than a fireside.

I think the HOF may be moving soon so check that out.

Most of what you need to do can be done on Saturday, get there early to see the band concert at Bond hall. The grotto is always insanely packed and unless you are actually going to pray, there isn't a ton to do there. You can watch the player professional after Mass and then follow the band and the meatheads in tall hats down to the stadium as they chant, "here come the Irish." TDJ is right outside the stadium. Bookstore is worth a stop, too.

sigpic

Comment

We will be in Chicago this weekend for a family trip.

Good luck cougs.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I will also be staying in Chicago. Family members will be flying in the day before the game.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                              X