God is on our side: 18 year-old missionaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is on our side: 18 year-old missionaries

Is it just me, or is this a huge win for BYU football? Players will now get five years straight.

via a galaxy s3 far far away
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
    Is it just me, or is this a huge win for BYU football? Players will now get five years straight.

My first thought, actually.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Is this from conference?
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Is this from conference?
        Yep. That must have been the big announcement.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...y-service.html
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Because I had an early birthday I went on my mission before attending college. It worked out well for me.

This is really interesting. It means that the great majority of active male LDS freshmen at any college will be RMs. Also, anyone recruiting active LDS athletes will be thinking "sign and send," and hoping the guys stay in some kind of decent shape while they're gone. But it should make planning a lot easier.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post

Hell, that's probably the real reason they did it.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              Because I had an early birthday I went on my mission before attending college. It worked out well for me.

This is really interesting. It means that the great majority of active male LDS freshmen at any college will be RMs. Also, anyone recruiting active LDS athletes will be thinking "sign and send," and hoping the guys stay in some kind of decent shape while they're gone. But it should make planning a lot easier.
              Exactly. This is a recruiting coup for BYU. No more promising mom that you will serve after year 1 if you go to Oregon and then staying.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

The only clear positive I see is that we will win more lds recruits and those that go to the u will change their minds while on a mish and want to transfer to byu

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  Exactly. This is a recruiting coup for BYU. No more promising mom that you will serve after year 1 if you go to Oregon and then staying.
                  I guess now they'll just have to come to Oregon and serve missions like they've been doing for the last decade.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Is this a subtle mea culpa to bronco from the BOT?

"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post

I think this will end up further marginalizing those who decide not to go. How weird would it be when you are the only 18 year old freshman at BYU?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I love it. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                          The only clear positive I see is that we will win more lds recruits and those that go to the u will change their minds while on a mish and want to transfer to byu
                          Yes, BYU will have more Travis Uales.
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

High school senior girls all tweeting they're going on missions. This will have huge impact.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              High school senior girls all tweeting they're going on missions. This will have huge impact.
                              A tweet is not binding. Also how many HS girls are you following on twitter?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X