Week 6 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Thread

I know that Geno kid is great, but I don't think West Virginia can beat :texas:. (Longhorn fans apparently feel otherwise, as tickets are already down to face value online.)

But if WVa could barely overcome Baylor's D at home, I think they're going to have a really rough time against a much, much faster Texas secondary. Here's hoping that WVa can at least beat up on them, though, so that the Sooners can take down the undefeated Longhorns next week.

Originally posted by Babs View Post
    I know that Geno kid is great, but I don't think West Virginia can beat :texas:. (Longhorn fans apparently feel otherwise, as tickets are already down to face value online.)

But if WVa could barely overcome Baylor's D at home, I think they're going to have a really rough time against a much, much faster Texas secondary. Here's hoping that WVa can at least beat up on them, though, so that the Sooners can take down the undefeated Longhorns next week.
    Can't wait for this game.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Can't wait for this game.
      I think Texas will blow them out. WV never wins the big games.
      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
        I think Texas will blow them out. WV never wins the big games.
        Sarcasm? They're 3-0 in BCS games.

Comment

Sarcasm? They're 3-0 in BCS games.
          You're just mad because they beat Oklahoma in one of those. And another was against the ACC. Hell, Utah is 2-0 in BCS games.

I'm thinking of 2007 when they lost to Pitt and screwed themselves out of a shot for a NC.

So, maybe I shouldn't say "never" wins big games. Maybe it's just in my mind that WV is a paper-tiger. But I still think TX rolls them. Esp. in Austin.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
            You're just mad because they beat Oklahoma in one of those.
            No, I was just confused. I'm not familiar with WVa football outside of the post-season.

Comment

Is Florida State really a contender?

Comment

Is Florida State really a contender?
                Yes. Any other questions smarty pants?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Yes. Any other questions smarty pants?
                  Oregon?

Comment

Just heard Nick Saban's comments regarding the "unfairness" of the no-huddle. Is he serious? Maybe he is already sandbagging against having to play Oregon in the NC.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Oregon?
                      Ask me in 4 weeks. Right now I'd say yes, except against Alabama.

ASU and SC back to back road games will answer that question.

Next?
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Orange D playing good but offense stalling consistently. This game is like déjà vu. Apparently there was even a strip and run td by the cuse offense early in the game.

Comment

Orange wins!

You're welcome cougars. We brought in the audience for you.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                            Orange wins!

You're welcome cougars. We brought in the audience for you.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                              Orange D playing good but offense stalling consistently. This game is like déjà vu. Apparently there was even a strip and run td by the cuse offense early in the game.
                              I read Oregon, not Orange and had a mini-panic attack that I had just slept through the Duck/Husky game.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X