BYU vs Oklahoma Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU vs Oklahoma Tickets

Since I have been to exacly one BYU football game in the last 10 years, I was hoping to get advice from some folks on the board.

I requested Club level tickets for the BYU/OK game through the Cougar Club. Unfortunately, my status is not as high as some on the board, and I have been informed that the club level are all gone, but I can have the better tier of reserved seats (the $82 ones). While these seats don't look too bad, my thinking in going with the club level seats was that if I am going to travel 1000 miles and spend hundreds of dollars on hotels and food, I don't want to sit in bad seats for the sake of saving $100.

I have until today to tell the ticket office that I don't want the $82 seats. What does the coolective wisdom of CUF think about the chances of getting a pair of decent club level seats for the game, and how much I would have to pay for them, if I go through other methods? I am a little more risk averse than DDD, so I while I am fine with buying tickets on game day from someone outside the stadium, I would not be comfortable waiting until 20 minutes after kickoff to get a good deal.

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Since I have been to exacly one BYU football game in the last 10 years, I was hoping to get advice from some folks on the board.

I requested Club level tickets for the BYU/OK game through the Cougar Club. Unfortunately, my status is not as high as some on the board, and I have been informed that the club level are all gone, but I can have the better tier of reserved seats (the $82 ones). While these seats don't look too bad, my thinking in going with the club level seats was that if I am going to travel 1000 miles and spend hundreds of dollars on hotels and food, I don't want to sit in bad seats for the sake of saving $100.

I have until today to tell the ticket office that I don't want the $82 seats. What does the coolective wisdom of CUF think about the chances of getting a pair of decent club level seats for the game, and how much I would have to pay for them, if I go through other methods? I am a little more risk averse than DDD, so I while I am fine with buying tickets on game day from someone outside the stadium, I would not be comfortable waiting until 20 minutes after kickoff to get a good deal.

Everyone got bumped down for some reason. We got moved from the $150 seats down to the $102 seats, but were told the $102 seats are actually better. Maybe you ought to call the ticket office and see if the $82 seats are actually better than the $102 seats before you turn them in.

I wish I could give you a good solid answer. Over the last few years away game tickets and deciding how to get them has become a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Everyone got bumped down for some reason.
      My FIL didn't. But he is taking Danoconda, which leaves me out in the cold!

ClarkAddison, if you were already willing to spend $150 per ticket for this game, I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about. There will be tickets for sale at that price, no problem.

$150 is BCS national championship ticket price, folks.

Much of the run on tickets right now is speculation. The scalpers are going to find out quickly that BYU fans are not going to pay $300 per ticket. On GameDay, there will be plenty of tickets for sale.

As a rule, if you want the best deals, you do have to wait until just before kickoff...the close to kickoff, the better the deal. You can't go 5 hours before kickoff and expect someone to dump their tickets.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I think DDD is right, when we went to a game together I didn't even give him a chance to work the scalper magic I have heard he possess because when the guy told us he had front row tickets my pants got tight and I couldn't hand him money fast enough. I think we could have gotten the exact same seats for half or less what we paid.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          My FIL didn't. But he is taking Danoconda, which leaves me out in the cold!

ClarkAddison, if you were already willing to spend $150 per ticket for this game, I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about. There will be tickets for sale at that price, no problem.

$150 is BCS national championship ticket price, folks.

Much of the run on tickets right now is speculation. The scalpers are going to find out quickly that BYU fans are not going to pay $300 per ticket. On GameDay, there will be plenty of tickets for sale.

As a rule, if you want the best deals, you do have to wait until just before kickoff...the close to kickoff, the better the deal. You can't go 5 hours before kickoff and expect someone to dump their tickets.

Maybe your FIL only bought 2, we bought 20. This is getting tough, fighting with you over your phantom FIL and which one of us is the bigger "big shot".

Comment

CA, I'm buying on the Sooner side, which will be a lot harder to come by, but I'm going to buy onsite. You'll be fine. These always work out this way. You get all the hometown NFL team fans requesting tickets thinking they can scalp, then having to dump the day of.

Comment

Maybe your FIL only bought 2, we bought 20. This is getting tough, fighting with you over your phantom FIL and which one of us is the bigger "big shot".
              There is no fight. My FIL is the winner.

sigpic

Comment

There is no fight.
                more of a bloodbath.

Comment

There is no fight. My FIL is the winner.
                  Like I indicated, it is tough to fight a phantom. Can I confirm with Danaconda? Remember I can't take my little grand kids to games this year because you didn't come through.

Comment

Like I indicated, it is tough to fight a phantom. Can I confirm with Danaconda? Remember I can't take my little grand kids to games this year because you didn't come through.
                    I am sorry about that. I didn't know my G-pa was going to scalp on the side. He usually doesn't sell the tickets.

sigpic

Comment

My wife just saw your avatar and when I said you liked her smile, she said "Yeah her smile."

I wish my FIL cared about BYU sports, then I could jump into this fight.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        My wife just saw your avatar and when I said you liked her smile, she said "Yeah her smile."

I wish my FIL cared about BYU sports, then I could jump into this fight.
                        Did you tell her how old I am. I can't get past the smile anyway.

Comment

Did you tell her how old I am. I can't get past the smile anyway.
                          I told her I thought you were like 45 or so because that sounded old in my mind. Then I realized I am 31 and 45 didn't seem so old anymore.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                          X