I can see very few circumstances where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see very few circumstances where

Brandon Doman is still the BYU OC after this year. One of our long lost sage posters commented that hiring Jaimie Hill as the DC was the biggest mistake Bronco has made as the BYU HC, well I am not sure it compares to the mistake of hiring Brandon Doman as the OC. It hurts to say, I was on my hands and knees where Brandon hit Johnathon Pittman twice 12 years ago against Utah, but holy shit this situation is beyond bad. The offense is in a worst state of disjointedness and pathetic play as things were in 2003 under Crowton, but with much more collective talent than Crowton had.

I don't know who or what BYU intends to do to fix this mess, and I consider myself a very patient fan who gives every effort to be optimistic and look on the good side of things - but to lose a game where the only TD scored by the opponent is by a fat Canadian who intercepted a pass from your qb, that exceeds my limit. Seriously, a fat Canadian? WTF, over?!

I listened to most of the 2nd half and the post game show on a drive down to Eagle Mountain. Bronco gave his coachspeek about trusting Brandon Doman, but if I am Brandon Doman I would not trust that. Bronco was outspoken about how the offense is not meeting expectations and then in he threw in his trusting Brandon coachspeek. Brandon is a legend and it hurts to admit his hiring was a mistake of mythical measures but the kid is just presently so far in over his head.

Other than that Hawaii's defense is something to get healthy with! I will be there in my white section! Go Cougars and give me some of that NSOT208!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

That same sage poster was as positive about Doman as he was negative about Hill. Time for you to lose the negative attitude and Ute avatar.

Comment

What a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        That same sage poster was as positive about Doman as he was negative about Hill. Time for you to lose the negative attitude and Ute avatar.
        He also got positive about Doman after he jumped back into the Crimson Pirate Ship....would you get into a match of wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line? I will drop the Ute avatar after BYU wins another game.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Just give it a few more weeks, goat. He's about to open up the playbook so we should at least give him that chance.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Just give it a few more weeks, goat. He's about to open up the playbook so we should at least give him that chance.
            I am one of the most loyal and optimistic posters in this venue but the totality of his tenure is one big CF. BYU needs someone with proven experience to give this rudderless ship some direction. Bronco was pissed on the radio at the mere mention of the word "offense." I am convinced Brandon is done.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              I am one of the most loyal and optimistic posters in this venue but the totality of his tenure is one big CF. BYU needs someone with proven experience to give this rudderless ship some direction. Bronco was pissed on the radio at the mere mention of the word "offense." I am convinced Brandon is done.
              The good news is right now he's probably giving a ppi instead of trying to find a rudder for the ship.

Comment

There is blame aplenty to spread around on the demise of Jake Heaps, but one really needs to ask how much of that is due to the Anae-Doman switch?
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Part of me feels bad for going so hard on him since he's pretty hamstrung by the abilities of his quarterback. But then I also see him as a large factor in the quarterback situation we have.

Comment

The good news is right now he's probably giving a ppi instead of trying to find a rudder for the ship.
                    I don't accept the lack of effort/callings pulling him in other directions BS. Doman took Luke's academic classes himself to keep Luke eligible. Doman is an intense competitor. He just is in over his head. He could drink nothing but no-doze laced jolt cola and study film on his team and opponents from now until the end of the year and it wouldn't help him much. He just is not ready for the job and the compounding mistakes and inability to do it well have led to his demise.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Part of me feels bad for going so hard on him since he's pretty hamstrung by the abilities of his quarterback. But then I also see him as a large factor in the quarterback situation we have.
                      That is how I view it. He seems much more Crowton than Bronco. Doman strikes me as rudderless. He jumps quickly because he doesn't have the experience of seeing it through to success. Bronco trusts himself and won't change until he becomes absolutely convinced he is wrong. When he gets there he changes. Doman seems like Crowton to me in that they lose trust of themselves. Perhaps it just a reliable qb from being effective but with the amount of time the qbs have had at BYU and how highly they were recruited, it should be better than it is. Unlike many of you I was not enormously critical of Anae and I am not enormously critical of Bronco. I can live with above average. Doman is baaaaad. This could improve a lot and still suck hind titty.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Doman should learn elsewhere but not at BYU at this point in time. BYU needs an experienced OC, not an apprentice.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

A large factor may be understating the problem. From an interview posted in another thread:

Riley asked for one more drive and we gave it to him....so we let him have that next drive and, um, he threw a pick on that drive....it probably was a little unfair of a situation for him.
                          [YOUTUBE]0Hn5LdpXMPY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

It's a difficult balance, moving for the good of the team versus loyalty to the individual. A good coach knows how to strike the balance. Fans and the average or poor coach don't know.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              There is blame aplenty to spread around on the demise of Jake Heaps, but one really needs to ask how much of that is due to the Anae-Doman switch?
                              I thought the switch to not be neccesary, but felt if BYU were going to do it that was the time. I felt a young OC could break his teethe in with Heaps potentially covering some mistakes. I figured Doman would figure it out as he went along. I think I am convinced I was wrong. I thought running off Anae was a mistake, but the bigger mistake was hiring Doman. Brandon is just abysmal at this job. Perhaps I am naive to how it all went down but I don't view it as running off Anae instantly meant it had to be Doman, just a mistake of not being content with good on offense so Anae was run off and then that mistake was compounded by hiring a young gun who could say what you wanted to hear but entirely unable to deliver.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                              X