Has the tide turned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the tide turned?

Given the numerous mistakes that Bronco and his coaching staff have committed over the past two years, from the loss of Heaps to the lackadaisical approach to game preparation to the poor in game decisions, I have to wonder if the tide has turned against Bronco.

Could this loss against Boise St. and in particular the poor game management along with the failed two point conversion be the catalyst for a coaching change at BYU in the near (within 2 years) future? Thoughts?
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

He could make all of his assistants re-apply for their jobs, but he's already done that once.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      Given the numerous mistakes that Bronco and his coaching staff have committed over the past two years, from the loss of Heaps to the lackadaisical approach to game preparation to the poor in game decisions, I have to wonder if the tide has turned against Bronco.

Could this loss against Boise St. and in particular the poor game management along with the failed two point conversion be the catalyst for a coaching change at BYU in the near (within 2 years) future? Thoughts?
      Nope. Not even close. Crowton had at least five similar meltdowns, and it still took Sexgate I and II to push him out.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

That's change I can get behind!!!
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Bronco hired Doman. That alone could cost him. Given the shunning of Lark and the choice not to kick to tie is horrific. These are terrible choices.

Comment

BYU fans will be held hostage here. No change will happen. I love Bronco as a D coordinator. I love him. I think we are screwed if we try to replace him. I just wish he would make the right coaching choices. Doman needs to go. He needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
              Nope. Not even close. Crowton had at least five similar meltdowns, and it still took Sexgate I and II to push him out.
              which is why I ask if this is the catalyst, the point that everyone looks at and says "that's when the slide really began". For Crowton it was the win by 9 not 2 comment that was the final straw, but the slide had already begun (likely vs. Utah in 2003) and people were already very frustrated with the coaching situation.

I agree that BYU isn't going to can him because of this loss, or any other loss at this point. What I have to wonder is if Bronco's job is any less secure after the past two weeks? The fans are definitely pissed and I kind of think that unless there are some dramatic improvements soon then this might be a turning point. It might be the beginning of the end for Bronco.
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Firing Mark Weber will buy him another couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Firing Mark Weber will buy him another couple years.
                  Only if Doman loses his habit of running the option every third play.
                  Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

I wonder if Morgan Scalley would ever coach at the Y? I could see him as your HC in 15 years. It remains to be seen if he is HC material, but he is a great guy and it would bring some civility to the rivalry. It's late and I'm just thinking out loud. This will probably seem stupid in the morning.
                    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I don't think do. He talks the talk and has had enough success to give him job security.

Doman can't call plays. He's in Over his head.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                        I wonder if Morgan Scalley would ever coach at the Y? I could see him as your HC in 15 years. It remains to be seen if he is HC material, but he is a great guy and it would bring some civility to the rivalry. It's late and I'm just thinking out loud. This will probably seem stupid in the morning.
                        No. I hate that kid.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post

He certainly doesn't make decisions like someone that's worried about his job security.

Going for 2? Wow. I couldn't believe it.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            I don't think do. He talks the talk and has had enough success to give him job security.

Doman can't call plays. He's in Over his head.
                            we talk about this job security, and I realize that Bronco has been extremely successful, but I have to think that if Bronco doesn't right the ship and make some aggressive changes to his staff then the fan base will turn on him.

If we go 7-5 with this schedule (which I think will happen), then think about next year. We very well could end up sitting at home during the holidays with next year's gauntlet. If that happens then things might get interesting.
                            Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              Seems like they'd be more likely to go after Sitake if they were going to go young.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X