Please Robert, come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Robert, come back

Everyone around the program was so excited for Brandon Doman to take over, but I am not sure why.

Robert Anae only produced the top two rushers, the top receiver, top tight end, and some of the best offenses at BYU. He was unceremoniously dumped after being forced to try and use a two QB system followed by playing a freshman QB.

I'd take Robert back in a heart beat, especially after watching our offense flail through a season plus three games. We have no meaningful offensive strategy a horrible offensive line, no run game, a QB who can't run or throw, a 5 star receiver who literally has disappeared.

The offense is in shambles and my biggest fear is that Bronco is so enamored with Brandon that we may not ever get a real OC. Doman is still not ready to for the job and he isn't improving.

Maybe Anae could come back and take Weber's spot, fix the offensive line and hold Brandon's hand until he figures it out.

Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
    Everyone around the program was so excited for Brandon Doman to take over, but I am not sure why.

Robert Anae only produced the top two rushers, the top receiver, top tight end, and some of the best offenses at BYU. He was unceremoniously dumped after being forced to try and use a two QB system followed by playing a freshman QB.

I'd take Robert back in a heart beat, especially after watching our offense flail through a season plus three games. We have no meaningful offensive strategy a horrible offensive line, no run game, a QB who can't run or throw, a 5 star receiver who literally has disappeared.

The offense is in shambles and my biggest fear is that Bronco is so enamored with Brandon that we may not ever get a real OC. Doman is still not ready to for the job and he isn't improving.

Maybe Anae could come back and take Weber's spot, fix the offensive line and hold Brandon's hand until he figures it out.
    Wishful thinking for sure. Anae is probably not to open to the idea after being a fall guy. To come back as an offensive line coach? Ha!

Is he employed right now? He was at Arizona but I assume no longer with RichRod in house.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
      Wishful thinking for sure. Anae is probably not to open to the idea after being a fall guy. To come back as an offensive line coach? Ha!

Is he employed right now? He was at Arizona but I assume no longer with RichRod in house.
      Still at Arizona. He's the O-line coach under rich rod.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post

It is wishful, but there is nothing wrong with dreaming.

Comment

It is wishful, but there is nothing wrong with dreaming.
          I have the same dream. I was one of the many that applauded when Anae was replaced. It just goes to show that I, like so many other fans, don't know shit about the Xs and Os of football.

Comment

And one of the problems is we don't have one of the top rushers, receivers, TEs or QBs at BYU. Anae's shortcomings were always overblown, but I think Doman's shortcomings are reaching similar levels of exaggeration.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

there was a lot of conversation on the radio today about Bronco. Specifically, has BYU hit its ceiling and, if so, is it because:

A. bronco has hit his ceiling
              B. bronco has hit a glass ceiling that is the inherent restrictions of working for BYU (honor code, party line politics, etc), although bronco could take the program higher if allowed
              C. Bronco simply isn't a great coach, just a good coach, regardless of his current ceiling

There was also discussion about a replacement for Bronco and the consensus was that it would be difficult to replace Bronco at BYU specifically because there aren't many qualified LDS candidates. There was also acknowledgement that Bronco has achieved quite a bit of success during his tenure.

I think I would vote for option A. It acknowledges that Bronco has achieved lots of success and good things while at BYU. Also, if you are hard to replace, then you are doing something right. However, I am still bothered by Bronco telling us that he isn't a on offense guy and I wonder if Broncos understanding of college football offenses is noticeably subpar as compared to fellow defensive minded coaches that still have a general handle on the offense (maybe whit, for example).
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Bronco strikes me as a results driven manager. This is why I think Weber is gone at the end of the year.

Comment

Robert isn't coming back.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Robert isn't coming back.
                    I realize that, I just was imagining that this team, with arguably a top 5 all-time BYU defense deserves more from the offense.

The offense has a lot of problems, but several them would be resolved by having an offensive coordinator who is capable of doing the little things like managing the clock, putting together a coherent game plan, and putting the best talent on the field. The current offense coordinator has a been a solid C for the last season and a quarter and it looks like he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

In regards to the level of talent I think it is hard to argue that the talent at TE and WR is subpar to what we have had in the past. The RB's may not be great, but the offensive line is so bad that we'll never know, and the FB position has basically disappeared.

Comment

Not everyone. There were at least a few. Me, flystripper were a couple. Goat said it would be rough at first and pay off in the long run.

Comment

I think:

Bronco's a good coach. Maybe even great.

Bronco is a defensive genius and knows exactly what needs to be done to field a great defense.

Bronco doesn't really know what he's doing on offense and depends on great assistants. He doesn't have a great offensive staff yet. I think he wants to, and will continue to push until he does. And the guys on our staff might become great, but they are not experienced enough yet.

Bronco lets his ego get in the way of him being a great recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          However, I am still bothered by Bronco telling us that he isn't a on offense guy
                          I missed this. When did he say this?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            I missed this. When did he say this?
                            Maybe during media week last year? Maybe not. I can't remember, but do remember being surprised that he'd be so honest in his assessment of himself.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I realize that, I just was imagining that this team, with arguably a top 5 all-time BYU defense deserves more from the offense.

The offense has a lot of problems, but several them would be resolved by having an offensive coordinator who is capable of doing the little things like managing the clock, putting together a coherent game plan, and putting the best talent on the field. The current offense coordinator has a been a solid C for the last season and a quarter and it looks like he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

In regards to the level of talent I think it is hard to argue that the talent at TE and WR is subpar to what we have had in the past. The RB's may not be great, but the offensive line is so bad that we'll never know, and the FB position has basically disappeared.
                              A couple problems I see is that 1) we're making Riley make throws he's not comfortable with and will get him in trouble, ie outs across the wide side of the field and 2) that stupid option

Comment

Working...
                              X