Amazing steak sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing steak sandwich

I had an amazing steak sandwich at the Capital Grill today (CG is a high end chain). An entire rib eye steak, an inch thick and medimum rare, covered with Tillamook chedar on a bagette, with grilled onions. It was so tender you could bite through it like a halibut sandwich. I'm going to skip dinner.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    (CG is a high end chain).
    For a moment there I thought you stepped foot into a blue-collar deli. Glad to hear that wasn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
      For a moment there I thought you stepped foot into a blue-collar deli. Glad to hear that wasn't the case.
      I wasn't bragging, dipshit. My point was that some people here might have their restaurant in their own town, and avoid the negative connotation of "chain." BTW, the sandwich cost $19.00. So my statement was just a fact.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Appreciate the second clarification. When I read "Capital Grill" I thought "eww...sounds like a chain." But now I'll check it out.

How many quarters do I need to get to $19?

Comment

I had an amazing steak sandwich at the Capital Grill today (CG is a high end chain). An entire rib eye steak, an inch thick and medimum rare, covered with Tillamook chedar on a bagette, with grilled onions. It was so tender you could bite through it like a halibut sandwich. I'm going to skip dinner.
          That sounds delicious -- There's a Capital Grill in my neck of the woods, and I'm going to get this. It'll be almost as good as my sister-in-law's steak-and-everything sandwich: ground hamburger, provolone cheese, grilled onions, put on a sub bun.

Comment

I had the best Philly Cheese sandwich ever last Friday out of a trailer at the U of U extension school in Bountiful.

I don't know the name of the place, but I'm sure it isn't a chain.

Filled me right up at the time, but I was hungry again that afternoon and had a light dinner around 9.

Comment

I wasn't bragging.
              You were bragging and I am very jealous. It sounds awesome. Today's lunch was a horrible Philly Steak sandwich from a local place, which I still regret eating. The worst part is that the total cost wasn't a whole lot less than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                You were bragging and I am very jealous. It sounds awesome. Today's lunch was a horrible Philly Steak sandwich from a local place, which I still regret eating. The worst part is that the total cost wasn't a whole lot less than yours.
                $19.00 didn't include tip or tax or the iced tea. But I didn't pay for it. It was free.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

$19.00 didn't include tip or tax or the iced tea. But I didn't pay for it. It was free.
                  Now you're just RUTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    I had the best Philly Cheese sandwich ever last Friday out of a trailer at the U of U extension school in Bountiful.

I don't know the name of the place, but I'm sure it isn't a chain.

Filled me right up at the time, but I was hungry again that afternoon and had a light dinner around 9.
                    Best Ever? In Bountiful? You must not get out much. Ever had one in Philly for example?
                    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Maybe I should have ordered the steak sandwich when I went.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Now you're just RUTS.
                        I forgot about the capuccino. That was probably $6.00.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

What, did you put it on the Underhill's bill?

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                            Best Ever? In Bountiful? You must not get out much. Ever had one in Philly for example?
                            First - I will readily admit that I don't get out much and have never been to Philly. I fully expect that there is a better sandwich out there - I just haven't had one of them yet.

Second - I should also admit that my opinion of this sandwich could've been influenced by the fact that it was 3:30 in the afternoon and I hadn't had anything since breakfast.

All that aside - it was a dang good sandwich and I would gladly eat more of them.

Comment

A baguette? In Seattle?

Yeah, sure.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X