Can USU beat Wisconsin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USU beat Wisconsin ?

Can the Aggies beat Wisconsin ? At least cover the spread ?

I would definitely take USU to cover the 14 point spread and I think they have a decent chance to win. Utah is a good team and certainly that USU win was a lot more impressive than what Wisconsin has shown this year.

Comment

It will be a close game. Slight edge to Wisconsin due to Camp Randall. If it was in Logan I think USU wins. As it stands now Badgers by 3. I would definitely take the 14 points.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Yes. Next question.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Absolutely. I'm a Wisconsin apologist, but they look horrible so far.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Not a chance. They come crashing down to earth this week.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Not a chance. They come crashing down to earth this week.
              I agree. I think it's a letdown game for the Aggies. Plus, they're on the road.

We should know better than to expect consistency from a bunch of 18-22 year-olds.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

There's a chance, but it's at Camp Randall so it's going to be tough.

Should be a fun warm-up game before the Utes game on Saturday.

Comment

I think they're going to get worked.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Can they? Yes. Will they? I doubt it. I think they may try and replicate the Beavs gameplan, but they will be starstruck and fall apart.

Comment

I expect a close game with the edge going to Wisconsin because of Camp Randall. Wisconsin fired their OL coach this week, and lost their OC after the season. They also lost QB Russell Wilson. Still, RB Montee Ball was a Heisman candidate after a great season in 2011. The Badgers defense will keep them in the game - they've been very good against the rush.

It's somewhat hard to believe that Wisconsin struggled against Northern Iowa and got beat at Oregon St. after watching them last year. I think Wisconsin still wins but it will take a little while to right their ship. I'm hoping it takes them a little while longer to do so because they travel to Lincoln in a couple of weeks to play Nebraska (and Nebraska is trying to right their own ship).

Wisconsin: 21 Utah St: 17
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Too many close calls in road games against BCS opponents for USU under Gary (Texas A&M 2009, Oklahoma 2010, Auburn 2011), and they've been inching closer to victory each year. I don't think Wisconsin is as good as the three aforementioned teams and this might be Gary's best team yet at USU. Aggies by a TD.

Comment

I am surprised Donut didn't say "I think you mean 'May USU beat Wisconsin?'".
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I am surprised Donut didn't say "I think you mean 'May USU beat Wisconsin?'".
                            That would have been really stupid of me to say, since nobody has to give USU permission to win a football game.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

The Aggies are going to get demolished tomorrow.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X