I don't like Riley Nelson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like Riley Nelson

I'm sorry, but I don't like Riley Nelson. He's a high school QB with nice hair. He's going to get absolutely killed against Utah next week.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

He's just not very good. His ability level is just below the standard of what a BYU QB should be at this point in his career.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      I'm sorry, but I don't like Riley Nelson. He's a high school QB with nice hair. He's going to get absolutely killed against Utah next week.
      Wrong thread.

Not sure why today's game would provoke this reaction. Riley played well despite very conservative play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Not sure why today's game would provoke this reaction. Riley played well despite very conservative play calling.
        It's because we play Utah next week and Riley looked so dang average against Weber State. I'm not calling for his head or saying Lark or Hill are better, but I'm seriously worried about next week.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

"In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Who the hell edited my thread title?

Comment

Who the hell edited my thread title?
              Me. Keep your potty mouth out of thread titles.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Me. Keep your potty mouth out of thread titles.
                Sorry, mom.

Comment

It's because we play Utah next week and Riley looked so dang average against Weber State. I'm not calling for his head or saying Lark or Hill are better, but I'm seriously worried about next week.
                  Meh, they weren't playing the typical gameplan that they use for Riley. He had very few, if any, called QB runs and they didn't even roll him out much on passes. Essentially they took a good part of his game away from him. I think this was a smart decision by the coaches and game Riley additional work on his pocket presence. Next week they will unleash him.

Considering the handcuffs placed on the offense knocking Riley for this game is myopic IMHO. He played fine and threw some nice balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    Meh, they weren't playing the typical gameplan that they use for Riley. He had very few, if any, called QB runs and they didn't even roll him out much on passes. Essentially they took a good part of his game away from him. I think this was a smart decision by the coaches and game Riley additional work on his pocket presence. Next week they will unleash him.

Considering the handcuffs placed on the offense knocking Riley for this game is myopic IMHO. He played fine and threw some nice balls.

he cant run vs good or fast teams and the throws he chucks up like 500 will be intercepted by good defenses. thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      he cant run vs good or fast teams and the throws he chucks up like 500 will be intercepted by good defenses. thats the problem.
                      He wasn't asked to run today. The interception was a bad throw but there really weren't a lot of 500 balls today. In fact his accuracy has improved significantly.

Comment

Don't be so sure. Our offense will make up for all of Riley's deficiencies. He'll also face Utah's 2 second-string safeties and a second-string right DE who's already shown an inability to deal with a QB who has good "escapability" like Riley.

The best I'm hoping for is another dogfight that goes down to the last play with the Utes pulling out the win.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          Don't be so sure. Our offense will make up for all of Riley's deficiencies. He'll also face Utah's 2 second-string safeties and a second-string right DE who's already shown an inability to deal with a QB who has good "escapability" like Riley.

The best I'm hoping for is another dogfight that goes down to the last play with the Utes pulling out the win.
                          It's only two games in against bad teams (USU is probably the best team either of us have faced) but neither team look like world beaters this season.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                            Well, at least the bolded doesn't seem fair. He had a pretty nice rushing game against TCU last year (23 for 87 yards (and that's counting the sacks against his total)). It may be fair to say he can't run consistently against good or fast teams but we've seen one reasonably good rushing effort in this category from Riley.

Comment

Riley isn't awful. Riley>Wynn

Comment

Working...
                              X