Clear All

• I'm embarassed for the D-News ...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...her-level.html

that was just unreadable.

Good article! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
      Horrible. Poor guy must be bored.

But seriously, who cares about the article? I'm more interested in finding out how the Utah field crew-chief got his name.

"Paint costs money," said crew chief Schmedley Anderson.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I think I started a Dick Harmon Greatest Hits thread somewhere around here. This would be a worthy entry.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

injecting Twilight references into a football column is both bold and edgy

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Horrible. Poor guy must be bored.

But seriously, who cares about the article? I'm more interested in finding out how the Utah field crew-chief got his name.
            You missed this little disclaimer at the beginning of the article:

Warning: This is a fictional exaggeration, taking the hype we've endured all summer and taking it over the top. Gilding the lily, so to speak.
            Oh, and in case you were wondering ...

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/gild-the-lily.html

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
              You missed this little disclaimer at the beginning of the article:

Oh, and in case you were wondering ...

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/gild-the-lily.html
              I know that! :slap:

It's not funny when I have to explain a joke! (In case you are wondering Jeff & Indy, a not-so-funny joke becomes a Greek tragedy when an explanation is required).
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                I know that! :slap:

It's not funny when I have to explain a joke! (In case you are wondering Jeff & Indy, a not-so-funny joke becomes a Greek tragedy when an explanation is required).
                lol.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                X