Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Concussion for Collie

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a3&eref=sihp

Dude, you're awesome but hang it up. You've got your whole life in front of you.
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

I hope this isn't the case. I was lookIng forward to watching collie and the colts this year.

Comment

I doubt it. I think this was purely done as a precaution.

Comment

If he really sustained another one, he's got to retire.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          If he really sustained another one, he's got to retire.
          Not really.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

FYI, Larry Foote was once heavily recruited by BYU, even though I don't think they were even close to getting him.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

argh, that sucks .... and in a useless pre-season game.

Comment

He will continue to get them... for his health, I think he should retire as well. Very sad, as he could have been a solid receiver playing with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by bronson_tyler View Post
                  He will continue to get them... for his health, I think he should retire as well. Very sad, as he could have been a solid receiver playing with the big boys.
                  I think it was established that he was a solid receiver playing with the big boys. Dude demonstrated he had the skills with one of the most demanding QB's to ever play in the league.

Comment

Not a fan, but there is more to life than football, and he is way too young to put his physical and mental health at such a great risk. Tough situation, I hope he is ok.

Comment

I didn't see the hit, did Foote target the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Not really.
                        Ya, really.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Somewhere in the middle of the Peyton Manning-Jim Irsay psychodrama, the Colts owner suggested he could not, in all good conscience, allow an injured Manning to return to the football field and possibly hurt himself in a long-term way.

Now, I have to ask this question:
                          How can the Colts, who presumably care about the long-term health of Austin Collie, allow the team’s oft-concussed wide receiver to return to the football field in a Colts uniform?

Clearly, Collie is not going to make the most difficult decision an athlete will ever have to make by himself.

So the Colts need to make it for him.

They need to waive him.

They need to make a bold, brash statement, tell Collie and the NFL, “We will not be party to the possible long-term decline of a player we care deeply about. He may play in another team’s uniform; that’s ultimately his decision — hopefully his informed decision. But we know what repeated concussions can do to a person, and we will not stand idly by as this terrific young guy mortgages his long-term future in pursuit of short-term gains.”

That sounds harsh. Because it is harsh.

But somebody in today’s NFL has got to stand up for players who are ill-equipped, and disinclined, to stand up for themselves.
                          http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...lie-let-him-go
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...s-like-his-dad
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I like how everyone is making decisions for Austin. It's his own life at risk. Let him take the risk. His Dream his consequences Good/Bad
                              Last edited by Y84it; 08-23-2012, 01:03 PM.
                              ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

Working...
                              X