I'm going to South Bend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to South Bend!

My father-in-law just called and said he wants to meet his son (lives in Texas) and other son-in-law (lives in South Carolina) in Chicago and go to the BYU-Notre Dame game in South Bend.

This is awesome, because it's my wife's dad asking, and much easier to justify the expense than if it were someone else.

It's doubly awesome because we're probably going to fly into Chicago on Friday, which is where I took my mission (that one was for Brandon Gurney). Among other areas, I served on the South Side of Chicago, in Chicago Heights (south of Chicago) and in Griffith, IN (my area included Gary, IN). This means when we drive from Chicago to South Bend, we'll be driving through three of my areas, where I served almost half my mission. I haven't visited Chicago since leaving my mission in 1989.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    My father-in-law just called and said he wants to meet his son (lives in Texas) and other son-in-law (lives in South Carolina) in Chicago and go to the BYU-Notre Dame game in South Bend.

This is awesome, because it's my wife's dad asking, and much easier to justify the expense than if it were someone else.

It's doubly awesome because we're probably going to fly into Chicago on Friday, which is where I took my mission (that one was for Brandon Gurney). Among other areas, I served on the South Side of Chicago, in Chicago Heights (south of Chicago) and in Griffith, IN (my area included Gary, IN). This means when we drive from Chicago to South Bend, we'll be driving through three of my areas, where I served almost half my mission. I haven't visited Chicago since leaving my mission in 1989.

That sounds great. Trip to ND game definitely one of the top 3 away games I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      That sounds great. Trip to ND game definitely one of the top 3 away games I remember.
      Did we lose the game? If so, it wasn't special.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post

You were in Gary? Man, that's worse than Baghdad.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
        X