PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bellotti moves to AD

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Oregon to name OC Chip Kelly HC.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2008/12/bellotti_to_ad_kelly_to_head_c.html

I had heard this rumor last month, but didn't think it really had legs. I am a bit worried about Chip Kelly as OC. Great OCs don't always make good HCs.

TripletDaddy
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
wow, that is actually pretty interesting. what prompted this? was belotti under fire at all?

At least Oregon fishes from its own pond. That had to be the most quiet coaching search of the year.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
wow, that is actually pretty interesting. what prompted this? was belotti under fire at all?

At least Oregon fishes from its own pond. That had to be the most quiet coaching search of the year.

Uncle Phil loves Chip Kelly. He was going to be offered at least the Syracuse job, if not another. I think MB has grown tired of coaching. While I am a Duck fan I have never loved MB, however the last few years it has been really easy to see that the fire is leaving him from coaching.

il Padrino Ute
12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Will Kelly continue the poaching of Poly kids that verbal to BYU?

SipiTau
12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Uncle Phil loves Chip Kelly. He was going to be offered at least the Syracuse job, if not another. I think MB has grown tired of coaching. While I am a Duck fan I have never loved MB, however the last few years it has been really easy to see that the fire is leaving him from coaching.

MB hasn't been the same since he got rid of the 'stache, good luck to him in his new job. In your opinion, is Kelly ready for the head gig?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
MB hasn't been the same since he got rid of the 'stache, good luck to him in his new job. In your opinion, is Kelly ready for the head gig?

I think he is a great OC. I am very worried about him becoming HC, it takes a lot more to be a good HC than being a creative play caller. Next year is a good year to break in a new HC as the offense should be pretty good, the defense returns almost everyone and the schedule has all the good teams coming to Autzen.

YOhio
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Great OCs don't always make good HCs.

Now where would you get that idea?

creekster
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Now where would you get that idea?

Signed Norm CHo - - - I mean Gary Corwton.

BlueHair
12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I hope Bellotti is a better AD than he was a coach.

OrangeUte
12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
... the schedule has all the good teams coming to Autzen.

i believe that this includes the Utes!