Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Orrin Hatch one of the Three Nephites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Orrin Hatch one of the Three Nephites?

He will have a primary challenger in June. I don't know why Utah doesn't go to the direct primary for any and every candidate in a party. I only lived in Utah for 20 months myself. 19 when I was born and a month in the MTC. All the d news opinion writers saying it would be a nightmare if Hatch would go. He will either die or retire anyway and congress will go on. The only way Hatch won't be replaced before the millenium is if he happens to be one of the Three Nephites. Since the millenium is still generations away.

Yes.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I think grapevine is one of the three Nephites.

Comment

Gee, someone from Idaho wants Hatch out of the way.

Touching.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crapo and the Senate Finance Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
          Gee, someone from Idaho wants Hatch out of the way.

Touching.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crapo and the Senate Finance Chair.
          Are you taking about grapevine or Dan Luljenquist?

Comment

What is it again that we dislike so much about Hatch that we should vote for the other guy? I haven't seen anything that makes me think we should vote for the other guy on his merits.

Comment

Utah has about the most f---ed up election system I've ever seen. How is it you can't just go with a simple primary? Is democracy THAT scary??

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                What is it again that we dislike so much about Hatch that we should vote for the other guy? I haven't seen anything that makes me think we should vote for the other guy on his merits.
                I saw an interview with the head of Freedom Works where he was asked to give an example of why Hatch needed to go. His answer? Hatch supported SCHIP. Hatch's greatest sin against conservatism was supporting healthcare for poor kids? What a joke. When 40% of your party thinks Orin Hatch isn't conservative enough, you've got some serious issues.
                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                  I saw an interview with the head of Freedom Works where he was asked to give an example of why Hatch needed to go. His answer? Hatch supported SCHIP. Hatch's greatest sin against conservatism was supporting healthcare for poor kids? What a joke. When 40% of your party thinks Orin Hatch isn't conservative enough, you've got some serious issues.
                  You folks have short memories. This is nothing. A few years ago Bob Bennett came in third place at the convention and missed the primaries altogether.

Hatch will be fine.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                    Utah has about the most f---ed up election system I've ever seen. How is it you can't just go with a simple primary? Is democracy THAT scary??
                    This is a truer, more noble form of democracy that thrives on grass roots activism starting in the neighborhoods.

That's the party line, anyway.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      You folks have short memories. This is nothing. A few years ago Bob Bennett came in third place at the convention and missed the primaries altogether.

Hatch will be fine.
                      Oh, I know he'll be fine in the primary. If Hatch needs to go it sure as hell isn't because he's too conservative. We nominated a great alternative to Hatch at the convention yesterday, Scott Howell. He's a great guy, lots of political and business experience, and he's a moderate. Of course he'd probably support the government insuring kids who can't afford it, so he won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                        Oh, I know he'll be fine in the primary. If Hatch needs to go it sure as hell isn't because he's too conservative. We nominated a great alternative to Hatch at the convention yesterday, Scott Howell. He's a great guy, lots of political and business experience, and he's a moderate. Of course he'd probably support the government insuring kids who can't afford it, so he won't do.
                        When Howell ran against Hatch in 2000 it marked the first and only time in Hatch's career that he won every county in Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Are you taking about grapevine or Dan Luljenquist?
                          I think I am going to intentionally mess up the last name of Dan L. everytime. It is very awkward like the president of Iran.
                          I was pleased to see Carl Wimmer go. Maybe he can go work for Joe Arpiao and solve the immigration problem.

Comment

The Scott Howell thing does make me laugh. I get that Utah Dems don't have a deep bench, but they keep trying to pull this off with the same cast of characters and it doesn't work. They tried re-running Bill Orton against Mike Leavitt in 2000, Scott Matheson Jr. against Huntsman in 2004 and now it's throwing up a couple also-rans against Hatch in 2012. Ted Wilson wasn't available? One of Frank Moss' kids?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              The Scott Howell thing does make me laugh. I get that Utah Dems don't have a deep bench, but they keep trying to pull this off with the same cast of characters and it doesn't work. They tried re-running Bill Orton against Mike Leavitt in 2000, Scott Matheson Jr. against Huntsman in 2004 and now it's throwing up a couple also-rans against Hatch in 2012. Ted Wilson wasn't available? One of Frank Moss' kids?
                              That is not the worst, Jay Seigmiller for congress? Pat Jones or Ross Romero would have been a stronger choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X