Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcyclist in 300 km/h YouTube video

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/04...youtube-video/

Police say they have identified the rider of a motorcycle who uploaded a video of himself to YouTube travelling at speeds close to 300 kilometres an hour, while weaving in and out of traffic on a busy highway outside of Victoria, B.C.
    [YOUTUBE]SIUTXIsJz3o#![/YOUTUBE]

What is that, like 90 mph?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      more like 180 mph.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Yes.

Regards,

Sloan Hater
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Yes.

Regards,

Sloan Hater
          lol. As donuthole once told me, "if you can't beat 'em, slink off to a different thread to hide in shame."

Also, the guy who made that video has some serious cojones to go that fast between traffic.
          Last edited by SloanHater; 04-19-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Weaving in and out of lanes like that is legal in California. It is called 'sharing a lane,' and the law that permits it simply says something to the effect that any number of vehicles may share a single lane, as long as they fit safely. I weave in and out of traffic like this every day, but not at those speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              Weaving in and out of lanes like that is legal in California. It is called 'sharing a lane,' and the law that permits it simply says something to the effect that any number of vehicles may share a single lane, as long as they fit safely. I weave in and out of traffic like this every day, but not at those speeds.
              Its only legal if you are driving safely and if you are not breaking the speed limit while doing it.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

What kind of bike do you own?

Comment

That's really amazing (and amazingly stupid). It reminds me of the black market French short made in the '70s of the guy driving through Paris at extremely high speeds and without hitting his brakes.

[YOUTUBE]f8Vo8iGLMwk[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I watched the whole video, but unfortunately it didn't end with a crash. A bit of a letdown.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Its only legal if you are driving safely and if you are not breaking the speed limit while doing it.
                      You don't "drive" a bike. You ride it. You, of all people, should know that. And your point is obvious. Tantamount to saying, "it is only legal if you are not breaking the law."

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                      What kind of bike do you own?
                      A 650 BMW Dakar. I have about 40K miles in the saddle, and it is my first bike.

Comment

You don't "drive" a bike. You ride it. You, of all people, should know that. And your point is obvious. Tantamount to saying, "it is only legal if you are not breaking the law."
                        Ooooo. Touchy touchy. Look, the vehicle code calls a motorcycle a vehicle and requires that it be driven safely. You are the one that said lane sharing was legal, implying that what he was doing was ok. But the fact is it is NOT legal under those circumstances.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Ooooo. Touchy touchy. Look, the vehicle code calls a motorcycle a vehicle and requires that it be driven safely. You are the one that said lane sharing was legal, implying that what he was doing was ok. But the fact is it is NOT legal under those circumstances.
                          The vehicle code in some states also calls a bicycle a vehicle. Have fun on your next bicycle drive.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            That's really amazing (and amazingly stupid). It reminds me of the black market French short made in the '70s of the guy driving through Paris at extremely high speeds and without hitting his brakes.

[YOUTUBE]f8Vo8iGLMwk[/YOUTUBE]
                            The film is by a French film maker who later admitted that he was driving his mercedes at such high speeds and that he dubbed in the Ferrari engine sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              The vehicle code in some states also calls a bicycle a vehicle. Have fun on your next bicycle drive.
                              Yup, in California it is so defined and I will appreciate it if when you are here you don't mind me taking my lane.

That said, the issue was one of legality. If you get arrested for illegally splitting a lane they don't care if it is a motorcycle or a bicycle or a car, you were driving illegally. I was once ticketed on my bicycle for a traffic violation. They said I was driving. But, if Robin wants to get his knicklers twisted about it, thats ok. I freely admit that I would never say driving a bicycle or a motorcycle if I was going to go out and ride one. And I of ALL people, should know THAT.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                              X